Re: Grandstand - Macclesfield away

George Street-Bridge wrote:What we are short of without Demetriou is a CB who is confident carrying the ball forward. Maybe time to try Bennett there.
That's a good shout except that Bennett is lacking a bit of match fitness at the moment. Fully fit it would be the best option but by the time he is fully fit, Inniss will be available again, then the decision becomes more difficult.

Amberexile wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:What we are short of without Demetriou is a CB who is confident carrying the ball forward. Maybe time to try Bennett there.
That's a good shout except that Bennett is lacking a bit of match fitness at the moment. Fully fit it would be the best option but by the time he is fully fit, Inniss will be available again, then the decision becomes more difficult.
With respect I don't think it becomes difficult.
Inniss every time once back available.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
UppaPort wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:The biggest problem I can see and I have no idea now transfer deadline has gone is Midfield.
Sheehan Superb
Labs Good on his day
Matty Not up to it
Scott Ditto
Maloney Even worse.
How can we get promotion with at best 2 decent midfielders in our squad.

Robbie is a winger or wing back nothing else.
Whiteley likewise.
Let’s not forget that last season and the 2nd half of the 17/18 season, Bennett was on excellent form. But, when he had his bad days, he was really poor. He can be inconsistent just like any other player...he’s also just got back to match fitness from a shoulder injury which kept him out of the start of the season. IMHO, when fully fit he is a superb holding midfielder for a team in this division. He needs time to adapt and to get even sharper.

As for Matty, I feel that he doesn’t get involved enough. I don’t feel we have got what Yeovil got out of him. He has scored some crucial goals for us and has had some brilliant performances, but they come few and far between IMO. So, I agree with you on that one, Frank.

I saw Maloney vs West Ham u21’s and he did look poor...but he is very young and will hit top form and dip at some point (look at Bakinson for example). I think it’s too soon to start saying our midfield is “weak”. It can’t be THAT bad.
Sorry but disagree Scott has had his day now.
Apart from Sheehan and sometimes Lab we are THAT bad as you put it.
As already said above Joss & Josh must be very close to a yellow card ban also.
Joss gets booked every game it seems.
I do agree that at times we look a bit light in the middle, but I feel a fully fit Bennett would do a brilliant job there. I feel we look worse in midfield when Matty plays there compared to Scot. I completely disagree with your point that Scot “has had his day”... he suits the holding midfield role better than Josh and Joss IMO - as they both get booked consistently. However, I completely respect your opinion, Frank.

Dom Jefferies after his superb game against the Baby Hammers needs to come into the squad.
Far better bet than Whitley and certainly Maloney.
Appreciate it was Micky Mouse but the youngsters that night all clearly showed talent especially Dom.
If MF is struggling a good chance to improve things.
Appreciate he went down hill but Bakinson for the first half last season was MOM many times and he is just a kid also.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:Dom Jefferies after his superb game against the Baby Hammers needs to come into the squad.
Far better bet than Whitley and certainly Maloney.
Appreciate it was Micky Mouse but the youngsters that night all clearly showed talent especially Dom.
If MF is struggling a good chance to improve things.
Appreciate he went down hill but Bakinson for the first half last season was MOM many times and he is just a kid also.
That may be a good call, he was impressive that night I agree in a very fast game.

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Yes, I was trying to be too kind to Bennett there. :grin:

Amberexile wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Yes, I was trying to be too kind to Bennett there. :grin:
Only seen Inniss twice but just the size of him is immense
Only 3 more games and we will have him back regardless of his misdemenour.
Cheers