Re: Tom King - Wales No 1

DT1892 wrote:Apparently Tom King is being looked at as a potential call-up to the Wales squad.

https://twitter.com/dragonsoccer58/stat ... 7026590720

I think the only Welsh goalkeeper playing regular football is Macclesfield's Owen Evans, from Newport incidentally.
In that case I’m surprised Gib haven’t called him up already as they have so few players to call upon. Get him in Giggsy, can’t be much worse than Hennessey.

He is also eligible to play for Gibraltar. Would be great to see him play for Wales...Hennessy isn’t looking too sharp these days! I think he would find it difficult to break into the squad as we have Wayne Hennessy, Danny Ward, Adam Davies and Chris Maxwell. However, if one of those back ups isn’t getting first team football, then why not give King a go?

UppaPort wrote:He is also eligible to play for Gibraltar. Would be great to see him play for Wales...Hennessy isn’t looking too sharp these days! I think he would find it difficult to break into the squad as we have Wayne Hennessy, Danny Ward, Adam Davies and Chris Maxwell. However, if one of those back ups isn’t getting first team football, then why not give King a go?
Chris Maxwell ffs! I hope he’s improved since the play-off final. Cos he was cack that glorious day!