Joe

Newport County natter & football chatter.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Joe

Postby UPTHEPORT » June 1st, 2019, 1:33 pm

Heard rumour just now hes off to oxford :(
no avatar
User

WillieBrownofCounty

Re: Joe

Postby WillieBrownofCounty » June 1st, 2019, 1:44 pm

Heard the same rumour. Not seen anything in media. Slightly underwhelmed if true, unless they are upping the ante and going for it this year..
User

Kairdiff Exile

Our proud capital...

Postby Kairdiff Exile » June 1st, 2019, 1:50 pm

I’d be very surprised if that were true. They’ve got Simon Eastwood who must be the best goalie in Div 3, and Joe won’t go to be someone else’s understudy. If Eastwood leaves, then I can see why they’d want Joe - but until then, file in the “speculative” column.
no avatar
User

llanwern exile

Usually in the milton

Postby llanwern exile » June 1st, 2019, 1:52 pm

Must be paying a lot of money, because its a sideways step for him career wise even if they are a division higher, he is capable of much better.
no avatar
User

UPTHEPORT

The Republic of Malpas

Postby UPTHEPORT » June 1st, 2019, 2:01 pm

I would make him the Clubs highest earner if it was up to me
no avatar
User

DeePeeNCAFC

Postby DeePeeNCAFC » June 1st, 2019, 2:02 pm

I follow Oxford Utd from a distance (home town club, first team I watched and supported), as above their current No.1 Simon Eastwood is outstanding, got player of the year awards in last 2-3 seasons plus he's opened keeper soccer schools locally down there.

No way would they want Joe unless they've recd a big money offer for Eastwood. Oxford are (at best) in a bit of turmoil (6 winding-up orders this season, paying stupid rent on a ground they don't own) so are best avoided, although their U23 team is thriving.

I'd put this rumour down as wild speculation (bordering on 'it'll never happen').