Re: Accringtons pitch !!!

Corpaboy wrote:Looks absolutely AWFUL on Sky Sports now against Luton !!
It's only them play on it isn't it ?
Makes ours look like a snooker table
It certainly looks worst than ours yet I haven't heard many away managers complaining about it? Perhaps it has more to do with Accrington losing more of their home matches than us, and opposition managers using it as an excuse for being beaten by the better team.

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
It certainly looks worst than ours yet I haven't heard many away managers complaining about it? Perhaps it has more to do with Accrington losing more of their home matches than us, and opposition managers using it as an excuse for being beaten by the better team.
I have often heard managers blame the pitch, the referee, luck and sometimes their own players for a defeat.

Once only, John Relish as it happens, have I heard a manager say that the opposition were better than us.

However in fifty-four years of following Newport County I can assure you that County managers down the years have been every bit as bad. And if I'm honest Brian Harris was the worst of the lot as his comment re the people of Newport has been used as an excuse for failure for the last forty odd years.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
I have often heard managers blame the pitch, the referee, luck and sometimes their own players for a defeat.

Once only, John Relish as it happens, have I heard a manager say that the opposition were better than us.

However in fifty-four years of following Newport County I can assure you that County managers down the years have been every bit as bad. And if I'm honest Brian Harris was the worst of the lot as his comment re the people of Newport has been used as an excuse for failure for the last forty odd years.
Brian Harris worse than Chris Price? You must be joking.

As far as his comment was concerned, that was his opinion to which he was entitled.

Cornish Exile wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Brian Harris worse than Chris Price? You must be joking.

As far as his comment was concerned, that was his opinion to which he was entitled.
It is I agree not clear but I was referring to the comment/excuse, not his qualities as a manager.