Re: Croft’s - Injured Again ?

ulkraineinthebahrain wrote:I heard in the Hazell yesterday that a chocolate egg fell on his infected toenail. He has to go to the hop-ital to see the egg-tent of his injuries.

Flynny is hot, cross (buns) and hopping mad about the situation :cheers:
Thank the Lord you didn't post that in our 'Jokes' thread where slightly humourous gags are left.

I go to games now actually forgetting he's one of our players , and is our Club Captain ??

He goes on the Argus website in the week and spouts off that he's determined to fire us into the play offs , and then he's not even on the bench for the next game ???

Complete waste of a wage , unless we have him lined up to run the Academy boys maybe ?
Pipey has been available more than this guy this season , and could probably do a better job if called upon .

Willthiswork wrote:Really disappointed with some comments about Crofts.

Has always done a good job on the pitch when available and by all accounts is a huge influence off it to!

I'm sure that he is as gutted as us that he isn't playing regularly as he could be the difference in us getting to the play offs.
If you are going to be disappointed when people hold an opinion with which you disagree you are destined to spend a lot of your life disappointed. Unfortunately 'when available' is the problem.

I'd rather have a steady regular midfielder, like we had in Minshull, who played regularly than sign Crofts for next season - too old and too injury prone. Flynn doesn't carry any passengers and whilst he might be his mate, I hope he has his sensible business head on when deciding whether to offer him a contract or not.

Mr Figo wrote:I'd rather have a steady regular midfielder, like we had in Minshull, who played regularly than sign Crofts for next season - too old and too injury prone. Flynn doesn't carry any passengers and whilst he might be his mate, I hope he has his sensible business head on when deciding whether to offer him a contract or not.
Totally agree, we just don’t have the budget for luxuries!

lowandhard wrote:
Mr Figo wrote:I'd rather have a steady regular midfielder, like we had in Minshull, who played regularly than sign Crofts for next season - too old and too injury prone. Flynn doesn't carry any passengers and whilst he might be his mate, I hope he has his sensible business head on when deciding whether to offer him a contract or not.
Totally agree, we just don’t have the budget for luxuries!
I think it's not so much luxuries, more a calculated risk. As in with the budget we have left we can sign a squad player or take a risk with a player who but for having had a serious injury would be out of our price range.

My view, which I first expressed around Christmas is that signing Crofts or Joss was a risk worth taking. Signing both was madness. Nothing that has happened in the last few months has changed that view.