Re: Grandstand - Bury Home

Regarding today's referee - as I've said, inconsistent. Ignored 4 successive fouls by Bury #18 including grabbing Micky round the neck and gave only words to Maynard after his third foul. Then booked Butler for his first offence and did the same to Micky later. Missed a blatant handball second half.

You could tell his poor performance was winding up Robbie and Podge - the latter will have wished that the referee in his County academy Under 16 game (played on Thurs Eve, Podge was coach) could have officiated today instead. Heehee

We've hit good form at the right time and flirting with the top 7 constitutes a good season in my book. Fingers crossed it continues but I think 3 of the next 4 games are very tricky, Macc fighting for their lives at the bottom, Lincoln obviously had a good season at the top. Oldham is winnable IMO.

Thoroughly enjoyable game yesterday and well worth the effort in making the trip. Great effort from all the boys throughout the full 95 plus minutes - let's hope they can replicate that on Monday. Thought Mickey D was immense yesterday - a thoroughbred footballing centre back and a leader. Impressed with the defensive unit - looking very solid and well shielded by the midfield who worked very hard to close down. Incidentally, great crowd and nice to see so many families in to witness a very pleasing performance. Well done all.

All in all, a very good performance. Bury weren’t much kop but i do wonder whether the issues off the field played a part in such a poor performance by them. Mickey was so solid but my mom was Bennett. Such a brilliant job taking their main man out of the game and nullifying him. We are peaking at the right time and I believe by the time we go to Morecambe, the playoffs will be in our own hands

lukerobins wrote:All in all, a very good performance. Bury weren’t much kop but i do wonder whether the issues off the field played a part in such a poor performance by them. Mickey was so solid but my mom was Bennett. Such a brilliant job taking their main man out of the game and nullifying him. We are peaking at the right time and I believe by the time we go to Morecambe, the playoffs will be in our own hands
They already are. We have more points available than Exeter or the rest of the chasing pack.

supporter wrote:Be lovely to get a win today in memory of Richie Jones who passed away suddenly on the weekend of the Cheltenham game. Being a Catholic like myself it would be great to get Good Friday win and extra special in a week that we laid Richie to rest. Great turnout from the lads Richie hope we did you proud and my thoughts are also with anyone who has lost someone recently.
Well said Andrew
Think he would of loved that game yesterday.
Very odd not seeing him sitting behind us.
What a gorgeous afternoon,good crowd, grass clearly growing again and a superb game of football.
Thought Bury were a good side but we were better.
Would have that Ref every week all the yellows were spot on. Why fans think every fowl from the opposition deserves a yellow is beyond me.
think of the idiots we have had this season.
Still laughing at Mc Kirdy lying prone for that freekick funniest thing for long time.
Needs to be on the "What happens next section on Question of Sport"

Joe 7 No probs
Regan 8 Great tackling but centres still poor
O Brien 7 Got stuck in as always
Micky 9 Immense.
Dan 8 who cares if he is a poorish defender his heading and ground work quality immense
Josh 8 Back to his best
Scott 8 Did what he had to do
Robbie 8 Back to his best. Some fine defencive work including in the Air
Padraig 7 Anothe quiet game.
Jamille 8 Total handful first half despite being crocked.
Matty 7 Okay

McKirdy 8 What a character
Kennedy 8 Excellant second half.

Food for thought

McKirdy 90 minutes and 45 each from Jamille 7 & Padraig?
90 minutes of all out attacking

Its certainly in our hands now.
Win the lot and we cannot not appear in the play offs

Disagree on a few points, Harps. There's obviously no way Flynny would give McKirdy 90 minutes in preference to Matt/Amond. I wouldn't say Amond was quiet yesterday, he was keeping their defence constantly occupied. I loved the moment in the second half when Regan went on a excursion up the wing and instinctively, Podge dropped in at right back to cover. He is such a masterful reader of the game. I think the complaints about the bookings were more in frustration that repeated fouling by a couple of Bury players had not been carded, but Butler was shown yellow for his first foul. When he booked the Bury defender in the second half the assistant ref, having told the ref that the player had told him to "f*** off", had to tell him again before he eventually booked him.
Last edited by excessbee on April 20th, 2019, 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Yep he would've loved it Frank. Nice feeling over there yesterday unlike Tranmere which was the first game without him and we all felt it. I sometimes comment on the game but the biggest compliment I can pay everybody connected with yesterday's performance is if Richie had been there he would've had a big beaming smile on his face, shook everyone by the hand and said see you next time as he left. He'll always be with us, I said in my original post I hope the lads did him proud in his sendoff, his club definitely did him proud yesterday. Rip Richie County till you died.