Re: Grandstand - Bury Home

worksop amber wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Ft now, thank goodness. :grin: Great result today.
Always last game to finish Mike
Great win and right chance of play offs now
Shame Forest Green won but can't have it all
Yeh, looking back I think the first half finished late so probably the second half start was late as well. All in our hands now. Macclesfield lost as well so we may be favourited for Monday. All in all, a great season and it ain't over yet. I think the crucial one will be Lincoln home next week.

Massive win and a great, disciplined performance.
3 early goals plus early thuggery from Bury - Micky win the free-kick for the first then buried it. Superb through ball from Robbie and good pace and strength from Jamma for the second. Bury's goal the only sloppy defending all game, but even then the ball fell kindly for Maynard.

Danny Mayor full of trickery for them but bar hitting the crossbar once and Joe clawing away a cross they barely threatened. Micky's second, superb skill and shot at the end of a good move.

Total effort from everyone bar the referee who I thought was very inconsistent.

First-half everyone played well, Robbie's defensive workfare was notable, Jamma strong up front. OB assured throughout and I thought Matty had a good first half.

What was also good was our substitutions were impactive - Harry worked hard (looks like a 1980s player with his socks rolled down, shirt untucked). Kennedy full of ideas and endeavour when he was introduced.

For me, MOM was close between Micky (workrate, took a few knocks plus his goals ) but Regan just pinched it for me with an excellent performance, the timing of his tackles shows why he'll continue to play at a high level.
Big praise also to the management team for their effort and well-turned substitutions.

Funniest moment of the day was when Harry (I think it was) laid down flat on the floor behind our defensive wall. I wonder if our analysis of Bury showed they hit their free-kicks under the wall?

Great day, support, pitch and weather. Keeps the season well and truly alive.

Yes smart thinking by having Mckirdy lay down behind the wall. never seen that before. Not sure if it was his idea or pre-planned? wonder if it will start a triend?

Thought for most of the game our midfield battled well against Mayor and O'Shea, who are clearly class players at League 2 level, thus minimising their threat. Hats off to Bennett, Sheehan and Dolan. Also impressed by McKirdy's pace and trickery second half and gave Bury a different problem to deal with after Matt had to succumb to his obvious injury. Hope he gets another opportunity if Matt isn't fit for Monday.

Ironsider wrote:Aside from the FA Cup that’s the best I’ve seen us this season.

We were absolutely superb, organised and classy.

Mckirdy was class when he came on.

Very, very happy.

We’ll win at Macclesfield. In our hands now.
Totally professional performance today , all round !
Made a very good Bury team look completely average . Best performance of the season for me .
Brilliant

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Massive win and a great, disciplined performance.
3 early goals plus early thuggery from Bury - Micky win the free-kick for the first then buried it. Superb through ball from Robbie and good pace and strength from Jamma for the second. Bury's goal the only sloppy defending all game, but even then the ball fell kindly for Maynard.

Danny Mayor full of trickery for them but bar hitting the crossbar once and Joe clawing away a cross they barely threatened. Micky's second, superb skill and shot at the end of a good move.

Total effort from everyone bar the referee who I thought was very inconsistent.

First-half everyone played well, Robbie's defensive workfare was notable, Jamma strong up front. OB assured throughout and I thought Matty had a good first half.

What was also good was our substitutions were impactive - Harry worked hard (looks like a 1980s player with his socks rolled down, shirt untucked). Kennedy full of ideas and endeavour when he was introduced.

For me, MOM was close between Micky (workrate, took a few knocks plus his goals ) but Regan just pinched it for me with an excellent performance, the timing of his tackles shows why he'll continue to play at a high level.
Big praise also to the management team for their effort and well-turned substitutions.

Funniest moment of the day was when Harry (I think it was) laid down flat on the floor behind our defensive wall. I wonder if our analysis of Bury showed they hit their free-kicks under the wall?

Great day, support, pitch and weather. Keeps the season well and truly alive.
Spot on post !!