Re: Full club accounts published to 30th June 2018

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote:We are illiquid and insolvent, and it is difficult to see that without this year’s cup run, that we are a going concern as a Trust run business.

There is a big jump in the creditor position of £240k, money due within 12 months. A number that should cause concern as under normal circumstances, with our poor liquidity, I don’t see how it can be paid when it falls due. This year’s cup success is clearly our salvation.
What is not clear however is what is behind this big number.
Could it be the additional costs imposed by the WRU that Kevin Ward referred to as being unsustainable?
Could it also give substance to some of the rumours circulating many months ago that we were in arrears with the WRU?

Finally a question about the big increase in paid staff as it states ‘including Directors’, are they now in receipt of remuneration?
It may be that remuneration for directors is the recovery of out of pocket expenses. Which of course would on the face of it would be appropriate.

Perhaps the board should issue a clarifying statement?
I would not class the recovery of out of pocket expenses as remuneration.
Again, we simply don't know.

Amberexile wrote:
Now that the overdue accounts have been issued, the overdue AGM should be arranged. That's where such questions should be answered formally.
I suspect the delay in filing the accounts was to prevent them being qualified as a going concern. The recent cup run success has provided sufficient funds to defer that requirement.
In my experience you delay filing bad news but quick when the figures are good reading. Make no mistake these accounts have some bad underlying cause for concern.

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Now that the overdue accounts have been issued, the overdue AGM should be arranged. That's where such questions should be answered formally.
I suspect the delay in filing the accounts was to prevent them being qualified as a going concern. The recent cup run success has provided sufficient funds to defer that requirement.
In my experience you delay filing bad news but quick when the figures are good reading. Make no mistake these accounts have some bad underlying cause for concern.
You may be right. My concern is that our board of directors seem to think that the supporters who finance the club are an annoying distraction. If as you suggest the club are in financial difficulties then unless we know there is bugger all we can do.

Still so long as they are interviewed on match of the day and can boast on Twitter about not having to queue to get four tickets for the Manchester City tie, who cares?

Fans owned club, my arse.

Amberexile wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: I would not class the recovery of out of pocket expenses as remuneration.
Assuming the expenses are non-taxable, nor would our auditors consider them within the definition of Directors' Remuneration for FRS purposes. At least that's what my ex-colleague in Finance tells me.
Is it your belief that on the face of published figures that directors or some of the directors, are being paid?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
Taunton Iron Cider wrote: I would not class the recovery of out of pocket expenses as remuneration.
Assuming the expenses are non-taxable, nor would our auditors consider them within the definition of Directors' Remuneration for FRS purposes. At least that's what my ex-colleague in Finance tells me.
Is it your belief that on the face of published figures that directors or some of the directors, are being paid?
The jury is out but it does raise a serious question, as if payment is being made then I thought that it was only in the gift of shareholders to approve the principle of Directors remuneration. What do you think Stan?
It would obviously help if the Board were to clear up this possible misunderstanding once and for all.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:
no

EDIT: Assuming you mean paid for being a Director.