Re: Fraser franks

Dreadful news, he's been incredible this season. I remember seeing him for the first time at the Hereford friendly and saying to my lad "this boy looks a hell of a player", and for once being proved right! An absolute rock for us this season, plus his goal in that smash-and-grab win at Tranmere made for a great away day.

All the best, Fraser - hope you find rewarding avenues for life after football, and that you'll be back to watch Newport occasionally too.

I wouldnt say its terrible news for him.

Terrible that his playing career has to come to an end at such a young age but great that his medical condition has been spotted and hopefully he can lead a 'normal life as possible with a heart condition'

Good luck Fraser and keep well...There is more to life than football , even though at present it probably doesnt feel that way......Hopefully he has had a lucky escape and will live a long and healthy life now he knows of his 'heart problem' . Rather that than keel over during a match and not knowing about it as many have in the past

Shocking news....A very good player at this level. Pleased you can have some fond memories such as the Leicester game. Good luck in what you do in the future. We won't forget you so don't forget us please. Should we make the play off final we'll expect to see you there.

Sad to hear that Fraser Franks is having to retire due to health reasons, I think he has put in some good performances for the County, I wish him well and really hope that he enjoy a happy retirement , Good Luck to you,Fraser
Come on the Port !!..................Bob Bassett

neilcork68 wrote:I wouldnt say its terrible news for him.

Terrible that his playing career has to come to an end at such a young age but great that his medical condition has been spotted and hopefully he can lead a 'normal life as possible with a heart condition'

Good luck Fraser and keep well...There is more to life than football , even though at present it probably doesnt feel that way......Hopefully he has had a lucky escape and will live a long and healthy life now he knows of his 'heart problem' . Rather that than keel over during a match and not knowing about it as many have in the past
Awful news for him but glad that it was found early enough that the devastating consequences of his condition didn't arise. Hopefully with treatment he'll be able to get on in life and enjoy fatherhood when it arises later this year.

Would be interested if his heart condition precludes him going into coaching/management.

I’ve spent a good 7 hours today with cardiologists at Cardiff heath hospital because our little girl who is due in May already has a heart condition. Which we have been told could hopefully be fixed with one operation when she is a few days old. The last two months have been hell finding this out.
And then I come back home today, finally sat down, put my feet up, picked up my phone and the first thing I read is about Mr Franks on BBC sport website. I felt saddened. I wish Fraser and his family all the very best in their future.