Regan Poole

Has been a very good player for us since signing..That I am not arguing about...

He has been at Man Utd for 2/3 years now so at his age he should be looking at being on the fringes of the first team , agree ? ....Yesterday proved IMO he was miles behind the standard he will need to be at to compete in the Premier League and needs to play a whole season at our level or League 1 at the very least to see if he improves.
IMO League 1 is about his level at present, maybe the bottom end of the Championship.....

I also believe the same can be said about Ben White...Looked great with us but needs time to prove he can make the grade. I have seen him play at Peterborough and he has struggled to make the grade as yet
Last edited by neilcork68 on February 17th, 2019, 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Regan Poole

ajs wrote:Is there any positive thoughts in your body, was it you who didn't rate Andrew Hughes

Read what I wrote not what you want to read...I have said at our level he has been very good . against Man City ( the level of the club he is signed too, IMO not so....
I cant see any manager prepared to take a chance with him at Premier League Level with his current displays , even more so one of the top 6 in this country.
Has he improved since he left us YES deffinately . Is he anywhere near a squad place for Manchester United....IMO ...... NO

IMO his performance levels at present are bottom end of the championship / top level league one..He is years away from starting in the Premier League for MAN UTD

Whats negative about that AJS ?????

neilcork68 wrote:
ajs wrote:Is there any positive thoughts in your body, was it you who didn't rate Andrew Hughes

Read what I wrote not what you want to read...I have said at our level he has been very good . against Man City ( the level of the club he is signed too, IMO not so....
I cant see any manager prepared to take a chance with him at Premier League Level with his current displays , even more so one of the top 6 in this country.
Has he improved since he left us YES deffinately . Is he anywhere near a squad place for Manchester United....IMO ...... NO

IMO his performance levels at present are bottom end of the championship / top level league one..He is years away from starting in the Premier League for MAN UTD

Whats negative about that AJS ?????

If you were a character in one of the Harry Potter films you would be called "Negative Neil"

The Newport wrote: If you were a character in one of the Harry Potter films you would be called "Negative Neil"

How 'he's been a very good player at our level' Can be seen as a negative comment is beyond me.

If there were a character in Harry Potter called amoeba brain, it seriously wouldn't do justice to some of the nonsense spouted on here.

Stated yesterday he still has the ambition to break into the first team at united, and playing well at the County will help his cause. Hopefully he will be motivated to play well for us the remainder of the season, therefore. Don't see any possibility of signing him permanently though.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
The Newport wrote: If you were a character in one of the Harry Potter films you would be called "Negative Neil"

How 'he's been a very good player at our level' Can be seen as a negative comment is beyond me.

If there were a character in Harry Potter called amoeba brain, it seriously wouldn't do justice to some of the nonsense spouted on here.
I have noticed and sure other people have as well. You haven't actually named anyone for your character in the Harry Potter film (who do think could play the part of amoeba brain)?
Last edited by The Newport on February 17th, 2019, 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brilliant move by MF to bring him back and put him in the shop window. I hope he doesn't see out his U23 time with United but that a club comes in with a decent bid for him of which I believe we get 20%. Was outstanding against Boro as was everyone else in 2 great team performances. Very few will break through at united, he might but no shame if he doesn't. Massive progress in strength and carrying the ball and comfortable playing long or short balls, his weight of pass to feet in short passes is particularly impressive. I'd be surprised if he didn't catch Pulis's eye along with a few others. Also based on his growth from when he left us definitely worth a punt because his age coupled with the potential to improve and develop into a first team player and sell at a profit, I would imagine both scenarios are what you're looking for when you sign younger players.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Stan standing by his man. Do you have posters of Neil on your bedroom wall?