Re: From 1989 to here

whoareya wrote:
Handolucifer wrote:Our ground is our problem. We have no ability to plan unless we have a certainty of a base. I have posted elsewhere regarding what I think needs to be taken forward regarding ground options. I live in Exeter but will contribute what I can. It needs a group of local fans to take this forward. Hippy has fronted up some action and I would encourage anyone ,with the time ,to join with him and progress this.
Did anyone else see this in the news today about Charlton Athletic ?:

"Community Value (ACV) status once again secured for The Valley.

ACV status lasts for five years and allows community groups to register an interest in a local building or amenity. In the event of a planned sale the community group must be notified by the local authority and has the right to make a bid. Equally importantly, ACV status is taken into account by the local authority when considering planning applications."

I don't know if ACV's apply in Wales, but Rodney Parade would surely qualify for it?

Just noticed that Charlton are owned by Roland Duchatelet., who also owns Carl Zeiss Jena!
good question about ACV's. Have no idea of the answer, but certainly needs exploring.