Re: From 1989 to here

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Howzat wrote:Just my opinion lads. The people of Newport are renowned for being more interested in bingo, gambling and booze. However, I get the feeling there has to be more of a valid, legitimate reason as to why so many refuse to attend. What's your opinions on this ?
Why are you only asking on the eve of one our biggest ever games ?
He is trying to have a debate, or conversation I would have thought.

Have been a distant observer of this site for many a year. Given the sheer arrogance, ignorance and downright rudeness of some of the replys I've received, its no wonder this board and its regulars are an embarrassment and laughing stock amongst many at the club. Only came on here to offer an opinion and get met with utter nonsense and "uppety" replys. Laughable .
Last edited by Howzat on February 15th, 2019, 4:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Howzat wrote:Just my opinion lads. The people of Newport are renowned for being more interested in bingo, gambling and booze. However, I get the feeling there has to be more of a valid, legitimate reason as to why so many refuse to attend. What's your opinions on this ?
Why are you only asking on the eve of one our biggest ever games ?
What? Does this mean that because we are on the eve of one of the biggest games in our clubs history, I shouldn't engage in a debate regarding why our club fails to attract its optimum level of support? Utter nonsense.

We are at the eve of one the clubs greatest fixtures and mostly all of what I’ve read this week in build up is constant criticism of the club .... a club I’ve followed through thin and thinner & all over the UK and in Europe .....

This week we should be eulogising and salivating over what Saturday teatime is gonna be like ....

.... but no we have a new poster (who apparently has viewed the site from a distance) comes on here and criticises the clubs ticketing policy and now mocks me for taking offence.

I question the timing of the first post ? Why not post about ticketing costs before Port Vale before MK Dons before Swindon Town? I also question why your first post isn’t about the great cup and financial success we are enjoying? but just negative about costs?

Fed up all this shite this week.

No more from me.
Last edited by Justanordinaryfan on February 15th, 2019, 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Handolucifer wrote:Well, Feb 89 we were lost to the wilderness. Spring of 89, a group of people Coordinated a number of County supporters to take the leap to create a new club ( which we all knew meant, continuing the Old club!). The travails and financial commitment of those committed fans going to Wantage, Kintbury ( 3-0 defeat!), Shortwood etc! 500 + at our first game at Moreton. Look where we are now. And we have so many supporters who have grown up with this club and have their own experiences. I do despair at the negativity shown by some of the posters on this forum. We are playing Man City this sarturday. I was part of the group establishing our new club. Our object was to regain English football league status. It had attachments including FA Cup access. This week, 30 years of guts delivers. Now, can we all just enjoy this fantastic moment, please?
Well said!

jonescmj1 wrote:
Handolucifer wrote:Well, Feb 89 we were lost to the wilderness. Spring of 89, a group of people Coordinated a number of County supporters to take the leap to create a new club ( which we all knew meant, continuing the Old club!). The travails and financial commitment of those committed fans going to Wantage, Kintbury ( 3-0 defeat!), Shortwood etc! 500 + at our first game at Moreton. Look where we are now. And we have so many supporters who have grown up with this club and have their own experiences. I do despair at the negativity shown by some of the posters on this forum. We are playing Man City this sarturday. I was part of the group establishing our new club. Our object was to regain English football league status. It had attachments including FA Cup access. This week, 30 years of guts delivers. Now, can we all just enjoy this fantastic moment, please?
Well said!
You coming over for the game Colin :)

Justanordinaryfan wrote:We are at the eve of one the clubs greatest fixtures and mostly all of what I’ve read this week in build up is constant criticism of the club .... a club I’ve followed through thin and thinner & all over the UK and in Europe .....

This week we should be eulogising and salivating over what Saturday teatime is gonna be like ....

.... but no we have a new poster (who apparently has viewed the site from a distance) comes on here and criticises the clubs ticketing policy and now mocks me for taking offence.

I question the timing of the first post ? Why not post about ticketing costs before Port Vale before MK Dons before Swindon Town? I also question why your first post isn’t about the great cup and financial success we are enjoying? but just negative about costs?

In fairness the criticism has come from less than half a dozen people who see it as a hobby anyway. If you were to read other realms of social media you would see an overwhelming positivity about the club involving the schools and embracing the youngsters and the supporters with learning disabilities.

This forum gives a distorted view as it is clogged up with multiplie posts by less than a tiny tiny minority.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Howzat wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, £20 to watch a lower mid table team in division 4 is simply outrageous, especially in a stadium that looked outdated back in the 80's. The average working class family in Newport cannot, or will not fork out such an expense, especially when you take in to consideration additional costs such as food, drink and programmes etc. There's the problem. £25-£30 to watch the elite of man city is good value for money. It's not a case of certain groups of football fans in Newport being "plastics", its simply a case of them refusing to pay good money to watch a generally poor standard of football in a stadium which has far exceeded its sell buy date.
Absolute load of bollox -.
Somebody holds an opinion with which you disagree. How exactly do you think opening your reply like this is going to advance the debate?
Presumably that's his opinion. Everyone is entitled to one, as you so often tell us.

[quote="rncfc"]Swansea City's ground is owned by the Council.[/quote]

Cardiff's is a complex land swap and lease agreement between the council and the developer of the old Ninian Park.

Wimbledon's is similar.

West Ham have stitched up the London Olympic Legacy Co and the taxpayers - sold Upton Park for £40m and pay £2.5m a year in rent, probably less than the annual operating costs for Upton Park.

Handolucifer wrote:Newport County last reached this stage in the FA Cup in 1949. I, for one, have not experienced this before and will gratefully take it again in my lifetime. Unlikely as that may be. I am so looking forward to tomorrow. Just saying like!
That sums it up for me also, and i suspect almost everyone of those attending tomorrow (Man city supporters excepted of course)

Our ground is our problem. We have no ability to plan unless we have a certainty of a base. I have posted elsewhere regarding what I think needs to be taken forward regarding ground options. I live in Exeter but will contribute what I can. It needs a group of local fans to take this forward. Hippy has fronted up some action and I would encourage anyone ,with the time ,to join with him and progress this.

Handolucifer wrote:Newport County last reached this stage in the FA Cup in 1949. I, for one, have not experienced this before and will gratefully take it again in my lifetime. Unlikely as that may be. I am so looking forward to tomorrow. Just saying like!
Well said Sir
Since the mid fifties never had the chance to see County in Round 5 brilliant whatever the outcome.
I hope the boys go for it tomorrow regardless.
Unbelievable people still whinging.
Missed Sheffield Wednesday as was away with parents in Manchester literally having a Curry at tea time and the scores came on the Radio just couldn't believe we had beaten Wednesday Bronco Layne Peter Swan all later to be banned for life.
Thanks to Supporter me and my better half will be sitting together.
She is a plastic so what and very proud like myself and my dear late Dad to see Man City in the 5th Round.
Being a Plastic (stupid term she has kept me company at Wembley 3 times has been to quite a few games over RP with me plus Swindon away.
Our first game together was in the death throws of the Old County think we were relegated after half a season in the old
conference.
Sure with more success she would come more often likewise my oldest daughter
For some reason I thought George Young was playing but that cannot be correct?
Got to be around a million in the kitty so lets hope its just doesnt disappear to cover debt.
Roll on 5.30 tomorrow.

Handolucifer wrote:Our ground is our problem. We have no ability to plan unless we have a certainty of a base. I have posted elsewhere regarding what I think needs to be taken forward regarding ground options. I live in Exeter but will contribute what I can. It needs a group of local fans to take this forward. Hippy has fronted up some action and I would encourage anyone ,with the time ,to join with him and progress this.
Did anyone else see this in the news today about Charlton Athletic ?:

"Community Value (ACV) status once again secured for The Valley.

ACV status lasts for five years and allows community groups to register an interest in a local building or amenity. In the event of a planned sale the community group must be notified by the local authority and has the right to make a bid. Equally importantly, ACV status is taken into account by the local authority when considering planning applications."

I don't know if ACV's apply in Wales, but Rodney Parade would surely qualify for it?

Just noticed that Charlton are owned by Roland Duchatelet., who also owns Carl Zeiss Jena!