Re: From 1989 to here

It's all well and good 'embracing' the day tripper fans, but actually only League success will bring them back regularly.
Since this time last year, the number of County fans at home League games is down by about 3.8% (IIRC), despite the Club having had some of the greatest cup games, and greatest results in our history, and still, STILL they don't return.
This is why regular fans missing out to these people on the big match occasions is reprehensible. It should never have been allowed to happen.
The mistake made was in not having the Sunday for 'Priority One' issue.
But as far as 'embracing' them goes, yes, we welcome them, but the notion they'll comeback is total nonsense. The attendance figures prove it every single time. They never come back en masse. It just doesn't happen.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, £20 to watch a lower mid table team in division 4 is simply outrageous, especially in a stadium that looked outdated back in the 80's. The average working class family in Newport cannot, or will not fork out such an expense, especially when you take in to consideration additional costs such as food, drink and programmes etc. There's the problem. £25-£30 to watch the elite of man city is good value for money. It's not a case of certain groups of football fans in Newport being "plastics", its simply a case of them refusing to pay good money to watch a generally poor standard of football in a stadium which has far exceeded its sell buy date.

Howzat wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, £20 to watch a lower mid table team in division 4 is simply outrageous, especially in a stadium that looked outdated back in the 80's. The average working class family in Newport cannot, or will not fork out such an expense, especially when you take in to consideration additional costs such as food, drink and programmes etc. There's the problem. £25-£30 to watch the elite of man city is good value for money. It's not a case of certain groups of football fans in Newport being "plastics", its simply a case of them refusing to pay good money to watch a generally poor standard of football in a stadium which has far exceeded its sell buy date.
Absolute load of bollox - we are in Lge2 ffs this is what the standard is - and if you were to go to other Lge2 grounds they all charge about the same - Have followed the County all my life and heard the same drivel all my life - Newport folk are as fickle as Fook - always have and always will be.

Don’t worry about tomorrow mate - wel be fine, and for the rest of the season, hopefully games like tomorrow and all of the other cup exploits will persuade the younger element for years to come.
Last edited by Justanordinaryfan on February 15th, 2019, 4:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Howzat wrote:I've said it before and I'll say it again, £20 to watch a lower mid table team in division 4 is simply outrageous, especially in a stadium that looked outdated back in the 80's. The average working class family in Newport cannot, or will not fork out such an expense, especially when you take in to consideration additional costs such as food, drink and programmes etc. There's the problem. £25-£30 to watch the elite of man city is good value for money. It's not a case of certain groups of football fans in Newport being "plastics", its simply a case of them refusing to pay good money to watch a generally poor standard of football in a stadium which has far exceeded its sell buy date.
Absolute load of bollox - we are in Lge2 ffs this is what the standard is - and if you were to go to other Lge2 grounds they all charge about the same - Have followed the County all my life and heard the same drivel all my life - Newport folk are as fickle as Fook - always have and always will be.

Don’t worry about tomorrow mate - wel be fine, and for the rest of the season, hopefully fames like tomorrow and the of the cup exploits will persuade the younger element for years to come.
Init! I've said it before! His first post :shock: spooky that :roll:

And where is 20 quid from it costs me about 9/10 quid a game paying up front and if you didn't you can get in for 17

Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Absolute load of bollox -.
Somebody holds an opinion with which you disagree. How exactly do you think opening your reply like this is going to advance the debate?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Justanordinaryfan wrote:
Absolute load of bollox -.
Somebody holds an opinion with which you disagree. How exactly do you think opening your reply like this is going to advance the debate?
You're hardly the authority to tell people how to conduct themsevles.

Howzat wrote:Just my opinion lads. The people of Newport are renowned for being more interested in bingo, gambling and booze. However, I get the feeling there has to be more of a valid, legitimate reason as to why so many refuse to attend. What's your opinions on this ?
Why are you only asking on the eve of one our biggest ever games ?

Howzat wrote:Just my opinion lads. The people of Newport are renowned for being more interested in bingo, gambling and booze. However, I get the feeling there has to be more of a valid, legitimate reason as to why so many refuse to attend. What's your opinions on this ?
......because it's League success that increases gates over time.
I think it was Bill Shankly who said: "fans are very fickle, but they love a winning team"....