Re: Heddlu / Gwent Police

Huge holes in NGR's logic.

Someone who "only" buys a season ticket - stumping up hundreds in advance at the point in the year when cash flow is weakest - is only third priority for tickets and would have to jump hoops to get into the first. But they will still have first dibs on nearly all the best seats.

The official SC travel is great, a member of my family uses it regularly, but points via that route aren't available to most supporters who don't live locally.

Edit: What about Trust members? And what's the merit in a varied spend?
Last edited by George Street-Bridge on February 13th, 2019, 8:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

newgroundrodney wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:The club would lose a lot of money if everyone like me who attends regularly bought a st ,523 pound down just from my little group alone, my choice I know but why am I treated like a second class citizen when all it takes is a simple points system to establish priority
Then they could make an announcement something like this:

The highest number of points held by any individual is 840. The lowest is 25. There will be 4 rounds of sales, followed by General Sale subject to availabilty.
The Club will release the first 2000 tickets to supporters with 600 + points, the next 2000 for 400+ points, the third group of 2000 to those on 200+.... the final group will be announced when figures are known. Any unused tickets from one group will be spread evenly across the remaining groups, and any remaining at the end will be released on General sale.

Loyalty Points are accrued as follows:
Season ticket purchase...................300 pts
Home ticket walk up sales.................20 pts
Away ticket........................................25 pts
Away travel via Supporters Club.......25 pts
Checkatrade trophy ticket.................15 pts
Hospitality booking............................20 pts per diner
Matchday mascot..............................50 pts
and so on , however the club wanted to award the points, but the more you spend, the more VARIED way you spend, the more points you'd have.
While the points are accruing they could just carry on as normal.

I like your ideas / plans and hope that someone on the BOD reads them and starts something like this .
I was going to post a similar thing in the form of a question myself until I read this.

Its good that season ticket holders get priority for BIG games but that system doesnt help the fan who maybe cant afford a season ticket when they come out but turn up to every game.
Just because they have the funds to buy a ticket shouldnt , IMO prioritise their right to get priority tickets over someone who attends week after week...The only way to go is a points loyalty system such as the one you have posted to give all genuine fans who turn up week after week the same chance.

I am not saying whether that or any system that the club currently use is my circumstances or not because that is nobodies business who posts on here but it is a FAIR WAY to do it for ALL FANS ....BOD take note please

daftasfxxx wrote:The club would lose a lot of money if everyone like me who attends regularly bought a st ,523 pound down just from my little group alone, my choice I know but why am I treated like a second class citizen when all it takes is a simple points system to establish priority
I don't believe that you go to every home game.
I don't believe all of your little group go to every home game either.

Season Ticket holders pay a year in advance and provide much needed cash flow over the summer when you and your little group are putting in sweet FA.

I live 150 miles away and get to about half a dozen home games, but financially I go to every one.

That's why the club rewards us with perks, as does every other club in football.

I'm sick of this constant carping about "plastics". It's insulting, and demonstrably total bollocks.

I've said previously that it's ludicrous to pretend that there is a large cadre of people who only turn up to big games and never to anything else. The reality with Newport County, as with all clubs, is that we have a small pool (1,500-ish) of "hardcore" fans who attend every home game and most aways, and then a much larger pool of supporters who will come to 4-6 games a season (some home, some away) but who will obviously make more of an effort if it's a big-name opposition, it's a bank holiday weekend, or the denouement of the season.

As I wrote last time this came up:
We need to stop slagging off “fickle” or “fair weather” fans, or accusing them of “going missing”. Instead, think about how we can get them to attend 8-10 games instead of 4-6 each year. Doing that is how you build a sustainable fanbase... [The] main suggestion is for the 1,500 regulars to stop making themselves out to be somehow superior (and, by implication, the semi-regulars inferior) based on how many games they make. Different income levels, work commitments, family life and a host of other factors mean that some people attend fewer County games than I do - but they’re not lesser fans, and they deserve to enjoy our successes every bit as much as anyone else who Supports The Port.
I'm sure all of the fans who have tickets for Saturday consider themselves to be loyal supporters - either because they already go to lots of games, or because they have done in the past, or because they've been coming off-and-on for decades. Good luck to them, they all deserve a slice of our current glory, even if I (and others who missed out) can't be there to join them. I'll spend the money I would have spent on a Man City ticket coming to a few extra league games, and that suits me just fine.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:I'm sick of this constant carping about "plastics". It's insulting, and demonstrably total bollocks.

I've said previously that it's ludicrous to pretend that there is a large cadre of people who only turn up to big games and never to anything else. The reality with Newport County, as with all clubs, is that we have a small pool (1,500-ish) of "hardcore" fans who attend every home game and most aways, and then a much larger pool of supporters who will come to 4-6 games a season (some home, some away) but who will obviously make more of an effort if it's a big-name opposition, it's a bank holiday weekend, or the denouement of the season.

As I wrote last time this came up:
We need to stop slagging off “fickle” or “fair weather” fans, or accusing them of “going missing”. Instead, think about how we can get them to attend 8-10 games instead of 4-6 each year. Doing that is how you build a sustainable fanbase... [The] main suggestion is for the 1,500 regulars to stop making themselves out to be somehow superior (and, by implication, the semi-regulars inferior) based on how many games they make. Different income levels, work commitments, family life and a host of other factors mean that some people attend fewer County games than I do - but they’re not lesser fans, and they deserve to enjoy our successes every bit as much as anyone else who Supports The Port.
I'm sure all of the fans who have tickets for Saturday consider themselves to be loyal supporters - either because they already go to lots of games, or because they have done in the past, or because they've been coming off-and-on for decades. Good luck to them, they all deserve a slice of our current glory, even if I (and others who missed out) can't be there to join them. I'll spend the money I would have spent on a Man City ticket coming to a few extra league games, and that suits me just fine.
Well said. I'd also add, that if these people are able to afford to attend every single home game without fail, why the hell don't they pay an extra £5 a month and go without a programme/cup of coffee at a game or two. Join the trust and avoid risking missing out. It isn't rocket science if you value being at these games so highly that you're going to kick off like this all the time.

It's not like there hasn't been ample warning. With the current system in place how are the club supposed to be able to distinguish between regular supporters like Neil (allegedly I might add, I didn't see his name of the shareholder register and he clearly isn't a trust member) and anybody else out there?

Presumably he also blames Shell when his car runs out of petrol?

whoareya wrote:

Season Ticket holders pay a year in advance and provide much needed cash flow over the summer when you and your little group are putting in sweet FA.

I live 150 miles away and get to about half a dozen home games, but financially I go to every one.

That's why the club rewards us with perks, as does every other club in football.

So because you are fortunate enough to have spare funds to buy a season ticket over someone who cant your a better fan ( your words) than someone who lives hand to mouth but turn up almost every home game ???
Over the season many fans who pay game by game put more cash into the club than you but you slag them off ( you couldn't make it up what some post on here).
Yes its hard for clubs in the summer with finances but then again the clubs should take the summer months into account when setting budgets ( as I am sure they do ) and should have enough to keep them ticking over through those few months. Its business suicide and bad management if they dont
# unbelieveable jeff

whoareya wrote:

Good on you and well done but for most its seen as just a cheaper way to watch all home game, as for calling me a lair then i suppose if you count missing 4 games in the past 6 seasons then i suppose i am

neilcork68 wrote:
whoareya wrote:

So because you are fortunate enough to have spare funds to buy a season ticket over someone who cant your a better fan ( your words) than someone who lives hand to mouth but turn up almost every home game ???
Over the season many fans who pay game by game put more cash into the club than you but you slag them off ( you couldn't make it up what some post on here).
Yes its hard for clubs in the summer with finances but then again the clubs should take the summer months into account when setting budgets ( as I am sure they do ) and should have enough to keep them ticking over through those few months. Its business suicide and bad management if they dont
# unbelieveable jeff
Where have I said better fan?

You're as bad as Einstein, whining on and on.
You haven't got a ticket- well tough shit, I'm glad your negativity will not be able to suck the positivity out of the game and we can look forward to Robbie having a good game without you lurking like a dementor.

Your words.....''you and your little group contributing sweet FA to the club during the summer months'' whereas ME , a season ticket holder has.
So a fan attending 20 home games + @ £19 per game ( that;s £380 per season, but that;s FA too you ). :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What an idiot and a selfish person you seem to be with a post like that

neilcork68 wrote:Your words.....''you and your little group contributing sweet FA to the club during the summer months'' whereas ME , a season ticket holder has.
So a fan attending 20 home games + @ £19 per game ( that;s £380 per season, but that;s FA too you ). :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

What an idiot and a selfish person you seem to be with a post like that
Nope, you said my words were 'better fan'

Your just putting 2 and 2 together and coming up with.......

No ticket.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Disappointed that Neil hasn't responded to my (constructive) post above and is instead just engaging in a flame war with other contributors.
As to regards to your above post I know of 3 who are going who don’t even like football let alone the County in fact one is rugby mad and takes the piss out of me for doing so, how the fukc have these lot ended up with tickets before our own