Re: Our worst run under Flynn so far.....

Amberexile wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Corpaboy wrote:https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46766700

No excuses from MF there ?? Apart from "the wind" in the first half !

Really , really worrying League form indeed .
I still don't understand why we sit so deep and invite teams to attack us when we're in front .
Even when the opposition don't appear to be too threatening , we don't edge forward as a unit
School boy stuff .
I said on the match thread,hope we don't sit deep and invite pressure.If we all can see it why can the management not understand it.Schoolboy error by MF and co.
We didn't sit back and defend. That was the mistake
I wasn't there so appreciate others' views .
I'm just going on how we've set up previously and sounded the same today after we went 2-1 up ? Just so frustrating .
We can go away earlier in the season and beat teams like Tranmere and Oldham , and can hold out against Leicester , but can't see games out against the likes of Crewe ?? (No disrespect intended !)
MF must be so pissed off with results like today

lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:1 pt in 6 games, 4th round of FA Cup, after beating Premier League opposition in the 3rd round, & people pissing and whinging we lost? Love being a County fan :lol:
Yeah we all love the cup win and the cup run with associated cash but are you not at all concerned about the first bit of the above? That confuses me
Evening chaps, just my tuppence worth.

Three months ago when to read these boards you'd think Michael Flynn was the second coming, I said at the time firstly a bad run would come and that when it did, how he dealt with that crisis would be his first real test as a manager.

Nothing in the last three months has altered my mind.

Exile 1976 wrote:1 pt in 6 games, 4th round of FA Cup, after beating Premier League opposition in the 3rd round, & people pissing and whinging we lost? Love being a County fan :lol:
Football is not just about FA Cup runs,it's about the bread and butter EFL games against Crewe,Cheltenham,Swindon etc where we should be capable of winning.You seem happy to blow the League games for Cup glory,that's your choice but I want consistency and there should be no reason why we can't have it.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Football is not just about FA Cup runs,it's about the bread and butter EFL games against Crewe,Cheltenham,Swindon etc where we should be capable of winning.You seem happy to blow the League games for Cup glory,that's your choice but I want consistency and there should be no reason why we can't have it.
But we do have consistency, consistently poor!!

Stan A. Einstein wrote:[l

Three months ago when to read these boards you'd think Michael Flynn was the second coming, I said at the time firstly a bad run would come and that when it did, how he dealt with that crisis would be his first real test as a manager.

Nothing in the last three months has altered my mind.
No crisis yet. He's identified what he wants to do in the transfer window and if successful is spot on.
My main worry is whether we are contributing enough financially to allow him to do as he wishes.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Football is not just about FA Cup runs,it's about the bread and butter EFL games against Crewe,Cheltenham,Swindon etc where we should be capable of winning.You seem happy to blow the League games for Cup glory,that's your choice but I want consistency and there should be
no reason why we can't have it.

Nope but without those cup runs we'd struggle to have a club.... If we'd been in the position we are now all season I suspect many of our fans would be 'happy'.... However , many , unlike myself, got way too carried away with our great start and still think we should go 46 and 0 ...
Personally I think Flynny punching well above his weight, we've had far experienced managers in Sheridan/Westley who went on much worse runs on bigger budgets, unfortunately, IMO we have too many fans that either go off the wall thinking we're going to win the league after we start well or we're going to get relegated If we lose the first couple

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Football is not just about FA Cup runs,it's about the bread and butter EFL games against Crewe,Cheltenham,Swindon etc where we should be capable of winning.You seem happy to blow the League games for Cup glory,that's your choice but I want consistency and there should be

Nope but without those cup runs we'd struggle to have a club.... If we'd been in the position we are now all season I suspect many of our fans would be 'happy'.... However , many , unlike myself, got way too carried away with our great start and still think we should go 46 and 0 ...
Personally I think Flynny punching well above his weight, we've had far experienced managers in Sheridan/Westley who went on much worse runs on bigger budgets, unfortunately, IMO we have too many fans that either go off the wall thinking we're going to win the league after we start well or we're going to win the league If we win the first couple
You may well be right about all of that but it’s not over-reacting to be p!ssed off with 1 point from 18

Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:

Personally I think Flynny punching well above his weight, we've had far experienced managers in Sheridan/Westley who went on much worse runs on bigger budgets, unfortunately, IMO we have too many fans that either go off the wall thinking we're going to win the league after we start well or we're going to get relegated If we lose the first couple

Your final sentence describes perfectly the bi-polar nature of many County fans. As far as I can remember (and that's a long time), it's never been any different.

lowandhard wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:

Personally I think Flynny punching well above his weight, we've had far experienced managers in Sheridan/Westley who went on much worse runs on bigger budgets, unfortunately, IMO we have too many fans that either go off the wall thinking we're going to win the league after we start well or we're going to win the league If we win the first couple
You may well be right about all of that but it’s not over-reacting to be p!ssed off with 1 point from 18

I think it is, 1 point from 6 games is poor, yes, but in that time we've also beaten Premier League opposition in the 3rd round of the FA Cup earning us some much needed cash. Now, if we get to the point where we are seriously worried about relegation then Flynny's status should be questioned, but do I think we could do better than him? In my opinion , with the budget we have , no chance.