Re: Our worst run under Flynn so far.....

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I just cannot understand how so many contributors on here are happy with mediocrity and only aim in life with the club is not to get relegated!!
Blimey what is there to look forward to?
To me it's like laying a foundation. Currently we're waiting for the cement to set. Expect too much and walk on it too soon we'll get messy boots and ruin it.
Get it right, and the house will stand for years, get it wrong and it won't..... I know which I prefer.
All we need to do is progress gradually. Eventually the promotions will come,perhaps not even under Flynny.

newgroundrodney wrote:
Frank Nouble 3 wrote:I just cannot understand how so many contributors on here are happy with mediocrity and only aim in life with the club is not to get relegated!!
To me it's like laying a foundation. Currently we're waiting for the cement to set. Expect too much and walk on it too soon we'll get messy boots and ruin it.
Get it right, and the house will stand for years, get it wrong and it won't..... I know which I prefer.
All we need to do is progress gradually. Eventually the promotions will come,perhaps not even under Flynny.
Have to agree with Frank on this one. We are in our 6th league season. Wimbledon finished in the top eight of the old first division and won the Cup in 1988. They didn't become a League club until 1977/8.

And in their first league season they went the best part of two months before their first league win. 3-0 v No prizes for guessing who. :(

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:
Have to agree with Frank on this one. We are in our 6th league season. Wimbledon finished in the top eight of the old first division and won the Cup in 1988. They didn't become a League club until 1977/8.

And in their first league season they went the best part of two months before their first league win. 3-0 v No prizes for guessing who. :(
What final league position would have been acceptable to you if you were asked before the season started?

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:

What is Sam Hammam up to these days?

Lysaght Dancer wrote:
What final league position would have been acceptable to you if you were asked before the season started?
One of the things about clichés which is often overlooked is that they become clichés because they are true.If you aim for the stars you might hit the moon.

If you aim for for promotion you might hit it. If you fail you might reach a safe mid table. If you aim for safe mid table you might get it or you might struggle. If you aim to survive, you might survive, you might not.

So for me, at the start of the season every team in our League, ourselves included, should only find being champions acceptable.