Re: Cooper

Exile 1976 wrote:I reckon there’s a decent player in there somewhere but his confidence looks shot to pieces.
I hope he does well back at FGR
The article says he’ll be going it on loan somewhere else. I agree with you that he showed flashes of quality, but to be honest if he didn’t succeed at FGR under his own father or at Newport under Flynn who gave him a good go in a side performing well, I fear he’ll be slipping out of the league next.

To be fair he played really well on his last game for us against Cheltenham in the cup and was unlucky not to score. Now we've got Labs back in contention and with us looking to bring in 2 or 3 in the window it makes sense. Good Luck Charlie!

mike wilks wrote:Don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm glad he has gone back to FGR.....
Interesting point in there. For me he is a professional footballer. There is nothing disrespectful in citing your belief that he is not good enough to play for County. I have never quite understood why a criticism of anyone's ability should be seen as disrespectful.

I should know, I am utterly useless at pretty much everything. :grin:

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
mike wilks wrote:Don't mean to be disrespectful, but I'm glad he has gone back to FGR.....
Interesting point in there. For me he is a professional footballer. There is nothing disrespectful in citing your belief that he is not good enough to play for County. I have never quite understood why a criticism of anyone's ability should be seen as disrespectful.

Except for evoking emotive responses from posters on this forum i would suggest? That's not criticism however.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

I appreciate your view Stan, but TBH, I prefer to refrain from individual criticism of any player who "dons" Amber "publically", however my personal opinion does vary otherwise ....... 8)

Not seen him much, maybe 3 or 4 times, but like anyone who pulls on our amber shirt I will support him 100%.
Unfortunately for me he isn’t good enough to play league football. Was a complete liability at Cheltenham.
A good and necessary move by the club.