Re: Ticket News : LEICESTER CITY

Collars wrote:I assume it’s as simple as those with an MK ticket still get priority. Would be bad form of the club to change the qualifying rules for a Leicester ticket and I don’t think they would. You turn up with your MK ticket, they are marked to show you’ve bought a Leicester ticket and given back to you. If you ask for a refund on your MK ticket you lose priority for Leicester, no refunds possible after you’ve bought a Leicester ticket. I would think the club needs to get the Leicester tickets on sale pretty soon to plan for temporary seating if demand suggests it’s needed.
that all seems sensible to me

Blackandamber wrote:Print at home tickets would have to be bar code scanned because you can print the same ticket as many times as you like.
Not quite sure what you are getting at here. Whilst realising you can print multiple copies of a ticket at home, or even photocopy any ticket at home, surely once that bar code has been scanned at the turnstile the system would bar the code being used again?

Kairdiff Exile wrote:So, with today’s game called off (much to the chagrin of Franchise FC’s f̶̷a̶̷n̶̷s̶̷ consumers), one would imagine that stubs from the Crawley game will be the ones required for those wanting FA Cup tickets. Second season running where our game against Crawley will have had a bumper crowd for that reason - their fans must just think we really like playing them!
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... =hootsuite

So much for that prediction then! :lol:

If the club are shrewd, they could still box clever by offering a ticket package for the FGR, Crawley and Leicester games at a mildly-reduced rate. A good last-minute Giftmas present, and an additional way to secure a Leicester ticket before General Sale for anyone who didn't buy in advance for the Franchise game.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:So much for that prediction then! :lol:

If the club are shrewd, they could still box clever by offering a ticket package for the FGR, Crawley and Leicester games at a mildly-reduced rate. A good last-minute Giftmas present, and an additional way to secure a Leicester ticket before General Sale for anyone who didn't buy in advance for the Franchise game.

.... that is what can only be described as a superb idea. Buy three tickets in one bundle, £5 off say, and one is guaranteed to be Leicester....brilliant!

reebok0165 wrote:
Kairdiff Exile wrote:So, with today’s game called off (much to the chagrin of Franchise FC’s f̶̷a̶̷n̶̷s̶̷ consumers), one would imagine that stubs from the Crawley game will be the ones required for those wanting FA Cup tickets. Second season running where our game against Crawley will have had a bumper crowd for that reason - their fans must just think we really like playing them!
https://www.newport-county.co.uk/news/2 ... =hootsuite
Does that not mean people could get priority for a Leicester ticket then get a refund for the MK Dons ticket?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:Print at home tickets would have to be bar code scanned because you can print the same ticket as many times as you like.
Not quite sure what you are getting at here. Whilst realising you can print multiple copies of a ticket at home, or even photocopy any ticket at home, surely once that bar code has been scanned at the turnstile the system would bar the code being used again?
Many people who bought tickets for MK Dons did not go through the turnstile as the match was postponed beforehand. All I was saying that it is not enough to mark the tickets but they'd have to be scanned when priority purchasing for the Leicester game. Otherwise you could have multiple copies of print at home tickets used to purchase cup tickets.

Blackandamber wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Many people who bought tickets for MK Dons did not go through the turnstile as the match was postponed beforehand. All I was saying that it is not enough to mark the tickets but they'd have to be scanned when priority purchasing for the Leicester game. Otherwise you could have multiple copies of print at home tickets used to purchase cup tickets.
I understand your concern now, and what you say. Hopefully this possibility will be guarded against?

Can't see the sense in the 'bundle' idea. What ticket is actually carrying the reduction? It has to take account of 45% of sales for the Leicester match going to them. Can't charge them a different price than that offered to home fans.. I'd agree that we should be happy to sell 7500 capacity(?) including 1100 away, with no extra seating added. It will inevitably mean a premium price on the FA Cup ticket, but we've just had the bonus of a cheap and exciting replay against Wrexham. Everyone who wants to go has recently been handed the lifeline of buying a ticket for MK Dons, so the club hasn't thrown a late curve ball into the system.
Looking forward to it...... After four more league matches.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:The game is live on BBC1. Anyone who wants a ticket will get one. Just as everyone who wanted tickets for the home ties with Spurs and Leeds got one.
Totally agree . There will be plenty of tickets for this one for whoever wants to go .

No disrespect , but Leicester are no Leeds or Tottenham when it comes to their "Newport" fan base

George Street-Bridge wrote:Would be bonkers to discount Leicester tickets when even if they won't merit extending the away end, they'll fill it. Tickets would make nice stocking fillers.
As I read the suggestion it was selling a proportion of the Leicester tickets as part of a bundle of three with a £5 discount. That of course would mean that those seeing only the Leicester game, whichever side they support, would pay the full face value.

My view is that it is an excellent idea, not at all bonkers.

Edit. Over the Christmas period I'm sure in a town like Newport, there are many people who would like to see all three games but will simply not be able to justify spending so much. I think those of us who have been lucky financially sometimes overlook that for many people disposable income is limited. For me football is something that should unite a community, regardless of wealth. Back in the day I remember being amazed at the Exeter Cuptie in 1974 Exeter were charging 45 pence to stand on the terrace but 90 pence for a seat in the stand. At the time I couldn't see the logic of charging twice as much to stand as to sit.

I do now.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Would be bonkers to discount Leicester tickets when even if they won't merit extending the away end, they'll fill it. Tickets would make nice stocking fillers.
As I read the suggestion it was selling a proportion of the Leicester tickets as part of a bundle of three with a £5 discount. That of course would mean that those seeing only the Leicester game, whichever side they support, would pay the full face value.

My view is that it is an excellent idea, not at all bonkers.

Edit. Over the Christmas period I'm sure in a town like Newport, there are many people who would like to see all three games but will simply not be able to justify spending so much. I think those of us who have been lucky financially sometimes overlook that for many people disposable income is limited. For me football is something that should unite a community, regardless of wealth. Back in the day I remember being amazed at the Exeter Cuptie in 1974 Exeter were charging 45 pence to stand on the terrace but 90 pence for a seat in the stand. At the time I couldn't see the logic of charging twice as much to stand as to sit.

I do now.
I think the offer would need to be worded carefully to avoid issues with FA Cup rules about gate receipt sharing etc. Something like buying a ticket for the Leicester game would entitle you to a voucher for a discount from a joint ticket for the two other matches might get around the regulations. Of course Leicester fans could also take advantage of the offer :lol: