Re: COME ON WALES !!!!!!!

whoareya wrote:That was the first Wales game I've been to in about 15 years - surprised at the amount of proper pissed people there and the amount of Welsh speakers - ranting on in that oglygogly way.
Dw i'n siwr bod ni'n cael siared iaith ein gwlad? I'm sure we are allowed to speak our country's own language.?

P.S. I'll be at RP tomorrow and promise I won't be pissed or speak Welsh. Hope you'll be there too?

That'll be the passionate North Walians (Rectum)
Fair play ... they have followed Wales through thick n thin over the years .

Thought our approach was all wrong tonight .
I'd say Ashleigh Williams has seen better days .
James Chester ain't up for it .
We rely too much on Bale , who then tries to do everything solo .
Ramsay just can't command a game .
Brooks is an absolute GEM !!
Laurence looked good .
Why we didn't just put Bale up front through the middle , I don't know ???
Didn't want Giggs in charge from day 1
He looked clueless from the kick off .

Very bad night at the office ....

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
whoareya wrote:That was the first Wales game I've been to in about 15 years - surprised at the amount of proper pissed people there and the amount of Welsh speakers - ranting on in that oglygogly way.
Dw i'n siwr bod ni'n cael siared iaith ein gwlad? I'm sure we are allowed to speak our country's own language.?

P.S. I'll be at RP tomorrow and promise I won't be pissed or speak Welsh. Hope you'll be there too?
Speak in whatever tongue you like tomorrow, regardless of it's irrelevance to East Wales. Just try not to follow the West Walian arrogance of switching from English to Welsh when one of the 96% of non-believers is present. Tonight was like walking into a Ceredigion village shop.

Corpaboy wrote:That'll be the passionate North Walians (Rectum)

Laurence looked good .

Can't disagree with any of that. Joe Allen was pretty ineffective as well.

whoareya wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Speak in whatever tongue you like tomorrow, regardless of it's irrelevance to East Wales. Just try not to follow the West Walian arrogance of switching from English to Welsh when one of the 96% of non-believers is present. Tonight was like walking into a Ceredigion village shop.

Those ignorant gits, how dare they! Can’t believe they were speaking their native tongue in their own country

whoareya wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:

Yes, I do agree with you about the arrogance of those that switch from English to Welsh when they believe an English monoglot is present, sometimes to talk in derogatory terms about them. As a current learner of Welsh with a basic knowledge of the language I have found it quite amusing to see their expressions when unexpected to them I respond to them in Welsh. However I do disagree with your estimate of he 96% of 'non- believers.' . Latest figures say there are approx. 20%( and rising) of people within the Gwent local authority areas, who are able to converse in the Welsh language, largely due to the continuing success of Welsh medium schools.

Back to the Football, I only watched the game on S4C, but was impressed as Corpa boy said with the passionate rendition of the anthem before the game and during the game. Such a change from not too distant times when it was murmered by half the team and a few hundred within the moderate crowds. In my opinion it now rivals the singing at home rugby internationals. My belief is that is because the Football is attended predominately by genuine fans, whereby a large section of the rugby crowd are not now genuine rugby fans, but merely event goers. Despite some posters criticism of the tactics last night i believe the nations league matches has been a useful learning curve for the young inexperienced players and manager, and augers well for the future.

l

Laurence looked good .

Laurence looked good .

Most ineffective of all was Tyler Roberts. Why Sam Vokes didn't replace him is beyond me. There were at least 2 headed opportunities Sam would have put away no problem.

It looks as though Giggs is determined to play his favourites.