Re: Shrews and Mike Flynn

I’m not being disrespectful, but if there is a smaller club than us in League 1, it’s Shrewsbury. Flynny would be mad to leave us for them. Unless I’m mistaken they have amongst the smallest budgets in Lge 1. When MF is at another club, it’s because he decided to move to a bigger (& potentially better) club. Shrewsbury are not that club.

Dogger wrote:I’m not being disrespectful, but if there is a smaller club than us in League 1, it’s Shrewsbury. Flynny would be mad to leave us for them. Unless I’m mistaken they have amongst the smallest budgets in Lge 1. When MF is at another club, it’s because he decided to move to a bigger (& potentially better) club. Shrewsbury are not that club.
Not disrespectful, just wrong, there are lots of smaller clubs than Shrewsbury in League 1.

Marky wrote:
Dogger wrote:I’m not being disrespectful, but if there is a smaller club than us in League 1, it’s Shrewsbury. Flynny would be mad to leave us for them. Unless I’m mistaken they have amongst the smallest budgets in Lge 1. When MF is at another club, it’s because he decided to move to a bigger (& potentially better) club. Shrewsbury are not that club.
Not disrespectful, just wrong, there are lots of smaller clubs than Shrewsbury in League 1.
And certainly lots of bigger ones

Put Newport in the top 10 at the end of the season and he’ll have his choice of numerous Lg1 clubs no doubt. Not sure what Shrewsbury are paying managers but if it’s a lot more than us then can’t begrudge him If he takes it.
Isn’t Flynny under contract until end of next season? If so, we’ll at least get some cash for him

Exile 1976 wrote:Put Newport in the top 10 at the end of the season and he’ll have his choice of numerous Lg1 clubs no doubt. Not sure what Shrewsbury are paying managers but if it’s a lot more than us then can’t begrudge him If he takes it.
Isn’t Flynny under contract until end of next season? If so, we’ll at least get some cash for him
Interesting aside from his denial of being approached by Shrewsbury, was his belief that funds will be available for him to strengthen team in January if required?

Erm, no. They're bigger than County. For a start they have their own ground. And it's relatively new. They also have far more time in higher divisions. Even so, they're not his hometown club and he's probably got a job for life, so we've always got that.