Re: Panic buttons ...

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Marky wrote:He's contracted until 2020 so don't worry.
i'm sure we all know that contracts don't mean too much if a 'big' club comes in for a player or manager. I definately wouldn't put Swindon, Shrewsbury or Wimbledon in the 'big' category though.
I agree on both counts. However whilst we should be competing on a level playing field with the likes of Swindon, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury, my concern is that even though these three should not be seen as bigger than us, the Newport insecurities will kick in and we will see ourselves as smaller than them.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:
Marky wrote:He's contracted until 2020 so don't worry.
i'm sure we all know that contracts don't mean too much if a 'big' club comes in for a player or manager. I definately wouldn't put Swindon, Shrewsbury or Wimbledon in the 'big' category though.
I agree on both counts. However whilst we should be competing on a level playing field with the likes of Swindon, Wimbledon and Shrewsbury, my concern is that even though these three should not be seen as bigger than us, the Newport insecurities will kick in and we will see ourselves as smaller than them.
Perhaps the most relevent question would be. Does MF see ourselves as smaller than them? I would like to think that he wouldn't see them as attractive enough if the question was asked of him

All about Flynny but he has a right hand man doing great things for us it's not just Flynn you know!
Swindon wouldn't do much better than poach our Wayne
Got a feeling he is from Swindon and still not got a new contract with us
Apologies if that last comment has now changed

Frank Nouble 3 wrote:All about Flynny but he has a right hand man doing great things for us it's not just Flynn you know!
Swindon wouldn't do much better than poach our Wayne
Got a feeling he is from Swindon and still not got a new contract with us
Apologies if that last comment has now changed
Thanks for info. Wasn't aware of that