Re: Joe Day

Taunton Iron Cider wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
As usual having not seen County this season I can't and don't comment on whether players should be in the starting X1 or not.
Stan as you live in Southern Ireland ever thought of investing €5 as you can then watch a game live on your computer?
Oddly it's not allowed here. UK and Ireland don't get this service. If it were available I'd buy a season ticket.

I am not having a go at Joe Day because as I wrote he has been a lot better this season but IMO he has to have competition for his place when he has 'poor games' so he doesn't become 'complacent '.
IMO he was responsible for two of the goals at Carlisle ( which I watched the whole game via ifollow due to work commitments)
and going on commentary and the extended highlights I have seen of last Saturdays game not up to his usual standards.
Townsend will probably play against Plymouth tomorrow , what happens if he has an 'absolute blinder' of a game ? Would he deserve to be dropped, which he probably would be for Saturdays game ?
MF has said when he signed Townsend it was to challenge Day for the number one spot , not as a back up. Well the last game I saw Townsend play when day was out he had a good game , only for MF to drop him as soon as Day was back after his 'family commitments' ....That's not competition IMO , Thats going against what MF said about competition for the spot.

If you bring in your reserve keeper for a Cup game and then revert to your first choice the stand in isn't really being 'dropped'. That's a very strange way of describing the selection, or rather deselection. If Day, as expected, doesn't play against Plymouth he won't have been dropped.

neilcork68 wrote:I am not having a go at Joe Day because as I wrote he has been a lot better this season but IMO he has to have competition for his place when he has 'poor games' so he doesn't become 'complacent '.
IMO he was responsible for two of the goals at Carlisle ( which I watched the whole game via ifollow due to work commitments)
and going on commentary and the extended highlights I have seen of last Saturdays game not up to his usual standards.
Townsend will probably play against Plymouth tomorrow , what happens if he has an 'absolute blinder' of a game ? Would he deserve to be dropped, which he probably would be for Saturdays game ?
MF has said when he signed Townsend it was to challenge Day for the number one spot , not as a back up. Well the last game I saw Townsend play when day was out he had a good game , only for MF to drop him as soon as Day was back after his 'family commitments' ....That's not competition IMO , Thats going against what MF said about competition for the spot.
very black and white mate so a black and white reply yes he does deserve to be dropped as day is a better keeper

This thread is total nonsense
Joe is the greatest shot stopper our club has had in my lifetime better than Len
The problem.is he cannot command his box, is totally indecisive and woeful with distribution things a good coach should improve on but alas we have never had such a person at County
Imo Townsend is a decent keeper but not in the same club as Joe yet
The lad is keen to make it at league level and is on peanuts for a salary in the hope he does make it
Lets hope he does sooner than later but Joe is by a mile first choice albeit for the time being.

neilcork68 wrote:I am not having a go at Joe Day because as I wrote he has been a lot better this season but IMO he has to have competition for his place when he has 'poor games' so he doesn't become 'complacent '.

Am I the only one confused ?
In your opening post you state that you had only seen the highlights , now you are claiming you watched the whole carlisle game on ifollow.

Why take any notice of Corky, the guy has stated we're going down for last two seasons pre kick off, then moans throughout and is a sudden expert when we're astonishingly doing well 10 games later. Defo one of the love it when we're doing bad brigade, or rock the boat when doing well, never could get my head around those lot.
At least a lot of us agree on Day being a great keeper for us (of course not perfect) and one of the big reasons we're doing so well.