Re: Round 2

Want:
Cheltenham home (if they win replay)- great atmosphere
Sunderland away- love their supporters

Avoid
Wrexham away - they will want revenge for Wembley and could get it
Accrington home - low crowd, unlikely to be on telly and we would probably lose.

Saw Wrexham beat Weston today, wasn't that impressed considering they're top of the Conference and Weston are rock bottom of the Conference South. Would be an quality atmosphere if we drew them.

Ideally the lowest rank team at home, Southport or someone like that. Nobody from League One, unless they're struggling for form down the bottom of the table. Round 3 is the round we need to be in the hat.

For me, it's about getting to round three and the possibility of a big name and money. So, any of the lower ranked teams at home please.

To be avoided - Pompey, Sunderland and, definitely Wrexham. They seem to be in good form and would like to get some revenge for Wembley. Don't want to get involved in that. If we get them, I just hope the media don't play it up as a derby game. It isn't.

At the start of the first round draw, our chances of playing non league opposition was about 40% (32/79). This time around it's more likely to be about 20 - 25%., there are guaranteed to be 8 teams in the draw and one or two may win a replay. The top end National League teams may be stronger opposition than some in our league. I wouldn't mind the winner of Cheltenham/Ebbsfleet but don't want it to be away if it's Ebbsfleet.
Last edited by excessbee on November 12th, 2018, 9:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Don't want away on 3G, which would be Maidstone or the winner of Sutton/Slough, maybe others.

If we can't get a weak team at home, Sunderland although they did look very slick against Port Vale. They'd bring loads and it would be worth.installing extra seating. Far and away the best away supporters I ever saw at Reading's old ground and I doubt that has changed.