Re: Bakinson

Absolutely BOSSED the midfield tonight . Best player on the pitch .
Harris and Amond have to be our first choice as an attacking pair .
Micky D .... superb
Dolan has had a fantastic start to the season .
Fraser Franks is looking like League 2's Van Dyke ...
Sheehan looks sharp .
Butler ... brilliant left wing back

Overall a squad that Terry Butcher would **** up !!! :cheers:

I just wish we could finish shite teams like Notts County off , and not let them back into the game
Should've won that 4-1 tonight and put them to the sword

Percy plunkett wrote:I was surprised he didn't start at Mansfield or even get on there or against Crewe.Three strong games for him in a week.Where will Crofts play now,not instead of him that's for sure.
Don't think Crofts can play at the moment, Dolan is also playing well and is more creative than Crofts and takes the set pieces, think he'll have to bide his time on the bench and maybe come on instead of Dolan or Sheehan in games when we need extra protection.

It was obvious even at Hereford that he had the ability to read play, win or intercept the ball, and play the right passes to maintain possession or cut through defences. He's laid back but works so hard and his use of the ball is fantastic. If we'd had him last season we'd have gone up, our problem last season was conceding possession so easily playing long ball and not being able to control matches as a result.

FWIW I thought Marsh-Brown did well with ball retention when he came on too, much more mature performance than the last time I saw him.

I think I'd have Franks as my MoM, some nice touches as well as the goal, and the equaliser was nothing to do with him, coming from a cross well in front of his position to a player on the other side of the area from him.

Good team performance though, apart from the goals conceded which seemed to be concentration.

Evidently a player of talent and skill worthy of a higher league, My only negative observation to work on would be his closing down of the opposition and getting tackles in, Didn't see much evidence of it tonight. However, overall an excellent asset to the club.Would definitely be in my starting team. Is he here for the season or 6 month loan?

OLDCROMWELLIAN wrote:Evidently a player of talent and skill worthy of a higher league, My only negative observation to work on would be his closing down of the opposition and getting tackles in, Didn't see much evidence of it tonight. However, overall an excellent asset to the club.Would definitely be in my starting team. Is he here for the season or 6 month loan?
He pressurises the ball without diving in and picks up interceptions, that's probably what I'd expect from a player who trains alongside Championship players, fewer mistakes and more focus on reading the pass than taking it off someone. Tackling is overrated anyway.