Tonight’s referee

.....Alan Young is new to the EFL and according to recent seasons hands out about 4 or 5 cards per game, about 10% of the cards given are of a reddish hue apparently so we’d be advised to keep our noses fairly clean tonight. I always tend to think that large numbers of cards are given by refs who lose control, I’ll be able to test my theory tonight :?

Re: Tonight’s referee

Lets give him a break until at least he has actually reffed us .If Notts Co are chopping down our players because we are playing football on the floor You would be the first to say ref didnt protect our players only one team trying to play footie etc etc etc Should have stamped it out at the beginning of the game put his authority on it. Its not always refs fault that players are too stupid to understand that if they foul they may get sent booked/sent off as long as he is consistent that is all we can ask. Maybe a penalty for us would be good for a change as well.

Re: Tonights Referee

Ref was poor tonight - inconsistent in his decisions, poor positioning and didn't work well with his assistants who twice had to change their flag durection when the ref awarded a throw-in to the wrong team. How he justified 5mins added time is beyond me even if it did County a big favour.

No doubt - this ref will have got a bol...ing from his assessor tonight after that performance.

Re: Tonights Referee

DeePeeNCAFC wrote:Ref was poor tonight - inconsistent in his decisions, poor positioning and didn't work well with his assistants who twice had to change their flag durection when the ref awarded a throw-in to the wrong team. How he justified 5mins added time is beyond me even if it did County a big favour.

No doubt - this ref will have got a bol...ing from his assessor tonight after that performance.
I thought the 5 mins extra was mainly due to Notts players getting long treatment periods on the pitch. Also not forgetting 5 or 6 substitutions

Thought he was mostly ok with three or foul utterly baffling decisions and a couple of bad judgements when there were a couple of fouls and he didn't play advantage.

The added time was short at 5 minutes if anything, there were 6 subs (3 minutes) and two Notts players having lengthy treatment (Thomas especially after Bakinson was booked on the half way line for a high foot).

I thought he was poor. He seemed to be influenced on bookings by whether a player stayed down. Sheehan got a right kicking but always got back up, card stayed in ref's pocket.

And there was one incident where he waited briefly for advantage, actually waved play on, Notts lost the ball and he then called it back much too late.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I thought he was poor. He seemed to be influenced on bookings by whether a player stayed down. Sheehan got a right kicking but always got back up, card stayed in ref's pocket.

And there was one incident where he waited briefly for advantage, actually waved play on, Notts lost the ball and he then called it back much too late.
Think you're right on the "stayed down" bit re: cards.

There were a fair few fouls on Exiles players not punished at all too. One situation at a corner where there was a Notts attacker with a Newport defender at each end of his arm, all somehow connected, all running out of the box after the corner was cleared, all appealing that they were being fouled. Ref played on, and may not have even noticed it. Obviously I'd have given the shirt pulls against the striker. :lol: