Pre Season

I believe that the difference between the teams performance on the opening day fixture and the three games since have justified fans views that the pre season we had was well below what it should have been.
Although at times we did play some decent football for periods of the game at Mansfield they looked fitter , sharper and more 'ready' than we did.
So MF no more playing Undy , Chepstow , Chippenham etc next year please .
Results dont mean a thing in pre season , its about building players fitness and IMO playing against the teams we played against, Swansea , Bristol City didnt prepare the team well enough
Even against Stoke u23 MF should, IMO have played his first choice side for at least an hour to 'gel' and get used to playing together but he changed half the side at half time

Re: Pre Season

Don't buy it. Think our recent results have shown that there was an overreaction to the Mansfield game, who are likely to go up with ease, rather than a poor pre-season. We had a poster threatening to tear up his season ticket ffs.

The argument that friendlies against the likes of Undy makes us unprepared for the season is redundant when you see the team put out. The day after the Undy game the first team played at Chippenham.

Interestingly, last season we picked up nothing from the three fixtures we've played so far.

Re: Pre Season

neilcork68 wrote:I believe that the difference between the teams performance on the opening day fixture and the three games since have justified fans views that the pre season we had was well below what it should have been.
Although at times we did play some decent football for periods of the game at Mansfield they looked fitter , sharper and more 'ready' than we did.
So MF no more playing Undy , Chepstow , Chippenham etc next year please .
Results dont mean a thing in pre season , its about building players fitness and IMO playing against the teams we played against, Swansea , Bristol City didnt prepare the team well enough
Even against Stoke u23 MF should, IMO have played his first choice side for at least an hour to 'gel' and get used to playing together but he changed half the side at half time
So basically, your opinion is that you agree with your opinion, can't say that surprises me in the least.
Perhaps it won't surprise you that in my opinion your opinion is total nonsense.