Live Stream

Just to remind our Exiled fans and those not able to attend the game tomorrow that the game is available to watch 'live' on a live stream via the ifollow website . It costs £10 per game and ALL midweek FL games are available to watch this way from this season on ,

Re: Live Stream

Gave up on the audio version of the predecessor to iPlayer some years back due to the persistent 2 minute lag. Will be interesting to see how this goes as would be good for the 'tough-to-get-to' midweek games. For 10 quid we should expect something of quality, I hope ...

rgds Dave

I've not subscribed to ifollow as it's mostly player/manager interviews with everyone saying the same old thing.I understand you can just pay for a one off game like Sky with a boxing match etc.Bury away might be worth looking at.It will be interesting how it goes tonight,any feedback will be welcomed.

newgroundrodney wrote:I have no idea on the legalities / practicalities of it, but could we stream County's away games live into Bar Amber?..... charge £5 to get in.
The legalities of it are that you're not allowed to rebroadcast or publicly broadcast the match, so we'd get absolutely hammered for it. That's why Sky pub subscriptions are into the thousands of pounds, great for pub business but kills the home market for the broadcaster.

Percy plunkett wrote:I've not subscribed to ifollow as it's mostly player/manager interviews with everyone saying the same old thing.I understand you can just pay for a one off game like Sky with a boxing match etc.Bury away might be worth looking at.It will be interesting how it goes tonight,any feedback will be welcomed.
It's ten quid, you don't have to pay for iFollow as well, just create an account and have the match as a one off (and the subscription doesn't include live video matches), the stream was a minute or two behind with the commentary in sync, and the same as for the iFollow audio commentary subscription.

My stream was perfect 95% of the time, a little choppy late in both halves but that could be my WiFi, started as the team came out and cut out almost immediately (and mid-sentence) after the final whistle.

You also get FIFA 19 ads wrapped around the coverage.

Incidentally there are (I think) 11 midweek games eligible this season at the moment which could be more if matches are rearranged.

At £10 a chuck they might get over £100 from me. Even if I could get a hooky feed of this I wouldn't (unless I find out the club gets like 1p of the tenner).

PerthDave wrote:Gave up on the audio version of the predecessor to iPlayer some years back due to the persistent 2 minute lag. Will be interesting to see how this goes as would be good for the 'tough-to-get-to' midweek games. For 10 quid we should expect something of quality, I hope ...

rgds Dave
Still has 2 min lag just with pics. I pause SSN for 2 minutes and disable Flashscore for the County match, that solves the problem. Did see the winner announced on here first though!

Blackandamber wrote:I wonder what effect it had on the attendance? 400 less than first home game but that was on a Saturday. We usually get less midweek
Not sure too many people are fully aware of the live stream yet, also I'd imagine a lot of people will think a tenner is a bit steep. I used it tonight as I couldn't get to the match but I would rather pay more and be there to be honest.

SJG99 wrote:
newgroundrodney wrote:I have no idea on the legalities / practicalities of it, but could we stream County's away games live into Bar Amber?..... charge £5 to get in.
The legalities of it are that you're not allowed to rebroadcast or publicly broadcast the match, so we'd get absolutely hammered for it. That's why Sky pub subscriptions are into the thousands of pounds, great for pub business but kills the home market for the broadcaster.
Although if an individual fan paid up and watched it on their laptop in the pub, in a spot where others could easily look over their shoulder...

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
Although if an individual fan paid up and watched it on their laptop in the pub, in a spot where others could easily look over their shoulder...
Then people would feel ripped off paying £5.

Ugo. wrote:
Blackandamber wrote:I wonder what effect it had on the attendance? 400 less than first home game but that was on a Saturday. We usually get less midweek
Not sure too many people are fully aware of the live stream yet, also I'd imagine a lot of people will think a tenner is a bit steep. I used it tonight as I couldn't get to the match but I would rather pay more and be there to be honest.
The viewing figures for ITV's OnDigital football coverage https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews ... -zero.html back in the early 2000s should give a pretty good idea of how many people are prepared to pay to watch individual EFL games - and those were subscription not a pretty steep £10 a whack. 200,000 subscriptions in total across the Football League, they managed to get under 1000 people watching for a League Cup semi-final!

So far, as far as I can tell from the sample on here, I'm the only one who actually watched the stream...!

I don't think it had any effect on the attendance at all, as I've said elsewhere, if it's £10 to watch a stream or £20 to watch at the stadium the only people paying to watch the stream are people who weren't coming anyway.