Ben White

Still in the U23 squad at Brighton and I haven't heard of any rumours as to him going out on loan to a club higher in the pyramid ... Worth a cheeky phone call to Chris Hughton to ask if we can have him back ???
With the defence seemingly ok with Bennett , Demetriou and Franks he could slot in as a defensive midfielder quite well, IMO

At worst he could refuse to loan him to us and we wouldn't be any worse off ,so is it worth a call from MF ????

Re: Ben White

neilcork68 wrote:Still in the U23 squad at Brighton and I haven't heard of any rumours as to him going out on loan to a club higher in the pyramid ... Worth a cheeky phone call to Chris Hughton to ask if we can have him back ???
With the defence seemingly ok with Bennett , Demetriou and Franks he could slot in as a defensive midfielder quite well, IMO

At worst he could refuse to loan him to us and we wouldn't be any worse off ,so is it worth a call from MF ????
I'm sure that some sort of conversation would've already taken place ??

Depends on what their plan is for him. He's been around the first team in pre-season, they may look to start bedding him in this year and give him a few chances off the bench, potentially get him some regular football on loan in January.

I doubt we'll see him back here unless we do a similar climb up the leagues.

Brighton signed a centre back who played at the World Cup and can't get in their starting team, he'll have to be playing out of his skin even to make the bench.

He won't come back to County as they'll want to test him at a higher level. I am slightly concerned he may end up at Portsmouth. He's a billion times better than Jack Whatmough for a start.