Re: Oxford home league cup round 2

daftasfxxx wrote:It says online and no mention of in advance or on the day, looks like anybody using the ticket office is being penalised
Basically a tax on those - like myself - that won't buy anything online because I have no trust in any system to keep my details safe. At least buying on a card in a shop means that if something goes wrong it's their system to blame not mine. For some reason since I retired I've become less trusting and confident using online than I was before.

Me and a mate bought our cup tickets before the Notts County match and were charged the extra £2 each. Had a word with David Hando in the marquee and he said the club were aware of the issue and would sort it. This morning the statement on the website had been amended to say any season ticket holders who booked their tickets in advance at the ticket office would get the £2 discount. Emailed the club office this morning and a very helpful Poppy replied within a few minutes, confirming they were aware of the problem and we could collect our refunds at the ticket office on Saturday. :cheers:

westsider wrote: Basically a tax on those - like myself - that won't buy anything online because I have no trust in any system to keep my details safe.
Sorry, but it’s not a tax for buying on the day; it’s a discount to buy in advance. It makes sense to have that incentive, as it saves the club time, money and resources by minimising matchday queues and the staff needed to serve them. If you don’t want the discount because you have an outdated view of the security protections offered by modern internet shopping, that’s your call - but it’s very much your choice.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
westsider wrote: Basically a tax on those - like myself - that won't buy anything online because I have no trust in any system to keep my details safe.
Sorry, but it’s not a tax for buying on the day; it’s a discount to buy in advance. It makes sense to have that incentive, as it saves the club time, money and resources by minimising matchday queues and the staff needed to serve them. If you don’t want the discount because you have an outdated view of the security protections offered by modern internet shopping, that’s your call - but it’s very much your choice.
Absolutely spot on....
I would add to that, that I sympathise with those fans who don't know until the day of the game if they can go. It's the same for me when I'm on days and finish at 7:00 pm..... but the thing to remember, especially when properly examining the pricing structure, is that it is a discount, not a tax.... Nobody is charged more than the going rate. I think nowadays they call it "nudging".. i.e., pushing people in the direction you want them to go. Everywhere uses nudging, from fast food stores, to train companies, to cinemas.
....£15 return to Taunton buying in advance, £42 on the day.... if you don't know you're going until the day itself, you have to pay the GOING RATE, not extra. It's a discount, not a surcharge.

I think the 2 quid discount should be available till 1.30 on line on day of Sat Ko and 6pm for evening games on print at home tickets

What I don't get is the moaning your electricity bills etc if you don't pay via direct debit they add a fee that's gone on for years now because it all adds to the firm's administration if people don't pay via direct debit

Fans of the club moan when offered a discount you really couldn't make it up

Micheal wrote:Ahh nudging well ive been nudged to only watch a couple of games this season
See, I’d say the opposite. The pre-matchday discount has meant that I usually buy tickets the week before, but on the day itself I may not be able to make it for some reason. In fact, I was arguing the other week that the club should put tickets on sale online now for all our remaining home games precisely so people can buy ages in advance if they want and the club can bank the money!

County Exile wrote:Yes - the main point in this thread was that the discount wasn't being offered to season ticket holders who bought the Oxford cup tickets in advance - but thankfully the club have now sorted this.
Why is everyone after a discount - do you not understand what a £500k loss (ex cup run) means - a need for more income not less!!!

daftasfxxx wrote:Kardiff exile, its got nothing to do with discounts for buying in advance, its a tax on anybody not buying online, nothing to do with when you buy but how. Don't see any option on there for people with disabilities who need carers so obviously a tax on them
It’s a discount for buying in advance online. As I said in my initial post, that’s to incentivise people to buy in a way which saves the club money and hassle. If you do so, that saving is partly passed on to you as a consumer. If you can’t or won’t do that, you pay full price.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:
daftasfxxx wrote:Kardiff exile, its got nothing to do with discounts for buying in advance, its a tax on anybody not buying online, nothing to do with when you buy but how. Don't see any option on there for people with disabilities who need carers so obviously a tax on them
It’s a discount for buying in advance online. As I said in my initial post, that’s to incentivise people to buy in a way which saves the club money and hassle. If you do so, that saving is partly passed on to you as a consumer. If you can’t or won’t do that, you pay full price.
Its a tax on folks who use the ticket office, when you buy is immaterial. So whats your take on disabled people who need a carer as theres not an option on line for this, should they be taxed extra too

“Daftasfxxx”: I think I’ve answered this already. The club want to incentivise people to buy online because it saves the club money (in staff, in overheads, in time). They pass some of that saving on to the consumer who helped them to save it. If you can’t or won’t help them to do that, you don’t benefit from the saving being passed on and pay the normal price.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:“Daftasfxxx”: I think I’ve answered this already. The club want to incentivise people to buy online because it saves the club money (in staff, in overheads, in time). They pass some of that saving on to the consumer who helped them to save it. If you can’t or won’t help them to do that, you don’t benefit from the saving being passed on and pay the normal price.
Quite agree, but unfortunately there are some who refuse to understand the obvious.