Re: Let's put this to bed.

Jackorias wrote:From forum rules / guidelines thread:
Jackorias wrote:No more speculation on people's identities please. Users may remain anonymous should they wish.

This "they should have the balls to sign their name" mentality has to stop, this is not how this forum ever has, does or ever will operate because anonymity ensures an ability to truly speak freely no matter what your connection is to the club. Be it fan or otherwise. If your argument is polar-opposite to another user then have the common decency to engage in a constructive discussion. Signing your name to a post doesn't make it hold any more weight or make it any more entitled than your fellow Newport County supporter with the conflicting disposition.

Any posts in the future that actively theorise what the identity of a certain user is are to be deleted.

Please help the forum staff in reporting any posts that do the above to ensure they are dealt with accordingly.

If you continue to press and use conjecture to identify persons on here, you will incur an indefinite ban.

If you should have any questions, please direct them to myself via private message.

Many thanks,
Jack(orias)
Missing him already ........
he's so positive I can't keep up !

Rodney Parade

Has anyone actually had the thought that maybe the WRU want to develop Rodney Parade to become a first class , City Centre sports stadium ??
Perhaps the "debate" between us and them is how much we want "in" and how much we could contribute ?

It's a long shot , but it could be the case ?

WRU & County

We are all aware that some directors not only read but post on this board.
There has been much speculation lately about the state of our relationship with our landlords. The debate imho has generated more heat than light.
Why not then speak to the person who can tell us? We should invite David Buttress to a supporters meeting and get the full picture from his point of view as we’re getting precious little from the club to enlighten us about our position .
Would he attend? Yes, he’d be delighted to do so, how do I know? He told me so last night.
Let’s get it on.

Re: WRU & County

This is what I asked for at the very outset that he should be given a place on the panel at a supporters' meeting, given the chance to address fans and take questions.
If the Club doesn't want to do it, perhaps Taff could do so. I know he did some sort of open meeting in The Riverside Tavern once, some while ago.

Where as on paper this sounds a great idea I can’t help but think that if the two boards haven’t cleared the air and sorted what’s going on before hand then this could end up being a disaster for the relationships between the two sides.

What we don’t want is our board and the dragons CEO having a public spat over he said she said.

Newportonian wrote:No mate we don’t want that, but what we do want is something that is hopefully informative and progressive.
I just feel it has the potential to cause more damage than good. Also surely we shouldn’t need the CEO of the dragons to inform us what is going on?