Re: WRU & County

Bush wrote:
Newportonian wrote:No mate we don’t want that, but what we do want is something that is hopefully informative and progressive.
I just feel it has the potential to cause more damage than good. Also surely we shouldn’t need the CEO of the dragons to inform us what is going on?
Of course it's just possible that there's nothing 'going on'.

Bush wrote:
Newportonian wrote:No mate we don’t want that, but what we do want is something that is hopefully informative and progressive.
I just feel it has the potential to cause more damage than good. Also surely we shouldn’t need the CEO of the dragons to inform us what is going on?
I agree and certainly not when it's the WRU that control our tenancy, not the Dragons.

excessbee wrote:
Bush wrote:
Of course it's just possible that there's nothing 'going on'.
Yes because it’s totally plausible that the CEO of the dragons wants to meet with the Newport county fans to inform them there’s absolutely no issues right now. Dear me.

Bush wrote:
i like bush feel this move could cause more harm then good, and publicly demonstrate that we have no confidence in the elected board to do our negotiating. Having said that i do wish the board would make some statement as 'no comment' at the moment is causing more anxiety than even bad news might?

Re: Rodney Parade

Corpaboy wrote:Has anyone actually had the thought that maybe the WRU want to develop Rodney Parade to become a first class , City Centre sports stadium ??
Perhaps the "debate" between us and them is how much we want "in" and how much we could contribute ?

It's a long shot , but it could be the case ?
I;m certain the WRU wish to develop RP and plans have been discussed to cover spectator areas at the north and south side of the ground and the remaining uncovered hazell (Rodney) terrace. However what we don't know is if they want the county 'in'. I very much doubt it. I don't knowing what our rent is, but i would be very surprised if its not a pittence compared to their overall budget, Their stated aspiration is to have the dragons become a self-funded non loss making operation, within the same allocated funding from the WRU as the other welsh regions.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Bush wrote:
I agree and certainly not when it's the WRU that control our tenancy, not the Dragons.
It's not unreasonable to expect the CEO of the Dragons to know the intentions of his own 'parent company'.

The Argus should be all over this - the chance to scoop a real sports article rather than just stitch tweets and posts into page fillers.

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Taffweigan wrote:If he is serious about this then could you ask him to email me on chrisrafman@gmail.com? I will arrange an open meeting like I did with the board in the riverside tavern a couple of years ago.

Taff
How can the CEO of the dragons allay our fears when he himself may not know of the WRU's intentions regarding our football club?
There would be no point in offering this if he has nothing worth telling us

Marky wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:I'm lost now what's happening to the ground
Time to resurface the Old Sainsburys site plan? ;)
Can we turn Spytty pitch round 90 degrees?
If we end up back at Spytty (and at the moment I think that quite likely – so we've got about 5 years to plan for it), we don't want the running track. So the pitch wouldn't need turning 90 degrees, it would just need the athletics track ripping up (sorry, athletes) and the bit of pitch in front of the stand being widened to half/three-quarters of the tracks width.

We've got upwards of half a million on deposit to go some way to funding the work required. And if those pitch grants are still available, so much the better.

Percy plunkett wrote:If they want us to stay at RP,the rent will always rise and we have no control on how much.The pitch,even Desso,takes a hammering with two rugby teams scrummaging on it.As much as Spytty had faults,it may be still our best long term answer.
whilst not supporting the WRU, perhaps what has been forgotten is their first preference was for a 4G (artificial pitch). Its my understanding if the county went down that is want would have been installed as the cheaper option, and i believe that is acceptalble in the conference? national league? whatever its called nowadays. It seems quite obvious though that the WRU are recovering the extra cost from the county in one way or another.