Re: WRU & County

I can see why the club would be wary of letting supporters into confidences about ground intentions before any changes are done and dusted after they were (predictably) gobbed off here the last time they did it.

But good on the Dragons guy if he'd like to share his take on things with the Argus rather than direct.with our supporters.

Re: Rodney Parade

Newportonian wrote:Don’t forget the old pitch would have been fine for many years to come, the problem was that the ground staff wrecked the drainage we had put in and that’s what caused the flooding and the rest of the problems with the pitch

Exactly. Our old pitch, and drainage, was fine until Rodders ground staff ruined it. Yes the new pitch and drainage is excellent but it's £250k that we shouldn't have had to spend...

Exile 1976 wrote:
Newportonian wrote:Don’t forget the old pitch would have been fine for many years to come, the problem was that the ground staff wrecked the drainage we had put in and that’s what caused the flooding and the rest of the problems with the pitch

Exactly. Our old pitch, and drainage, was fine until Rodders ground staff ruined it. Yes the new pitch and drainage is excellent but it's £250k that we shouldn't have had to spend...
Fair point

Percy plunkett wrote:If they want us to stay at RP,the rent will always rise and we have no control on how much.The pitch,even Desso,takes a hammering with two rugby teams scrummaging on it.As much as Spytty had faults,it may be still our best long term answer.
Without wishing not to be unduly pessimistic about the desso pitch taking too much of a hammering, I note the dragons will be running a under 23 development team as well this coming season. Also the Dragons ladies team ? Whilst it is likely these games will not be staged at RP we cannot be certain. Given pre-season games being called off elsewhere due to the recent rarely experienced weather. I hope the pitch has been well revamped and watered?

Re: WRU & County

Bush wrote:I just can’t help to think there’s no way the rugby would allow our CEO to explain the situation to their fans which is way I don’t believe the rugby CEO should be explaining to ours.

I agree, and without wishing to pour scorn on this very kind offer of Mr Buttress, I would say that unless he is privy to the apparent loop holes in our contact that are being exploited by the WRU and can justify and explain why, there is no real point in this. The other point is that the latest influx of board members joined the board promising complete transparency, so either they are full of shit, or there is a valid reason why the club are not making a statement at the moment.

I think the supporters should give them some slack and just see what happens.

Really worried?

Talking to someone in the know over the stadium, they said the reason with getting our season tickets over the neon is we haven't paid the bill to print tickets over the ticket office. And the WRU COULD give us notice to leave stadium any time. Are we actively looking for alternatives . We need answers and now as what would happen if they did force us our?

Re: Really worried?

countymadbel wrote:Talking to someone in the know over the stadium, they said the reason with getting our season tickets over the neon is we haven't paid the bill to print tickets over the ticket office. And the WRU COULD give us notice to leave stadium any time. Are we actively looking for alternatives . We need answers and now as what would happen if they did force us our?
In simple term. B o !! o c k s

Think you need to find a new source. HP pretty decent. :lol: