Re: News at 5 30 (Jamille Matt)

George Street-Bridge wrote:When Nouble left I said I doubted we could replace him with someone who could contribute the same number of goals while at the same time occupying defenders to the extent Frank does, but this might do the trick.

IIRC Matt was a record transfer from a Conference club when Fleetwood bought him.

Matt may not be as skill full as Nouble but he will offer the team more as he is IMO the type of player you need in League 2 .
He may have 'mares' but he will give 100% almost every game and not 'hide' as Nouble did far too often...

Bush wrote:In my view we have made two good signings but I do worry that we will be similar to last year and invest well in the starting 11 but the overall squad quality suffers. Last year we had a potentially promotion chasing 11 but lower league squad. Hopefully we haven't over stretched by signing franks and matt.
Not in any way a criticism of either Franks or Matt. As you say they may turn out to be very good signings. However both were signed on free transfers from clubs who finished below us in the League last season.

If your fear that we are potentially 'overstretched' making signings like these is correct, then we really are in trouble.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Bush wrote:In my view we have made two good signings but I do worry that we will be similar to last year and invest well in the starting 11 but the overall squad quality suffers. Last year we had a potentially promotion chasing 11 but lower league squad. Hopefully we haven't over stretched by signing franks and matt.
Not in any way a criticism of either Franks or Matt. As you say they may turn out to be very good signings. However both were signed on free transfers from clubs who finished below us in the League last season.

If your fear that we are potentially 'overstretched' making signings like these is correct, then we really are in trouble.

Whilst Labadie , Butler & Amond were signed from teams that had been relegated.
Your point?

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Whilst Labadie , Butler & Amond were signed from teams that had been relegated.
Your point?
Try reading my post in conjunction with Bush's post. I clearly state both Franks and Matt may be very good signings. Bush fears that we may be overstretched signing them. My point is that they are League Two players and we should not be in a financial position whereby we are overstretched signing such players. Especially after last season's Cup run.

Seriously mate, did you or are you

a) not reading my post properly,

b) being deliberately misleading or,

c) not quite ninepence in the shilling?

Edit.

Having thought about this I think on balance I should cut to the chase.

Bush and me are having a discussion and broadly disagree. It is what a football message board is all about. I try to persuade Bush that I am right and listen to his counter arguments, he does the same. We may end up agreeing, we may not.

The discord comes from Alan G Bryant. Nobody properly reading my post could have come to the conclusion he in effect claims to have done. Time and again he has done this. His purpose in my view is clearly to end debate by dragging anyone who disagrees with his view down into the gutter. Reducing healthy debate and argument into mindless bickering.

Carry on if you must mate, from now on every time this tactic is tried I am though, just going to call it out.

Alan G Bryant wrote: You have indicated that we are in serious trouble because we have signed two players from teams below us .
No I haven't. In fact I have done the exact opposite. I have pointed in response to Bush's argument that we may have stretched ourselves by signing these two that if he were right we would be in serious financial trouble.

If I am het up it is because you are so determined to have a go at me that you state as fact that I have said the opposite to that which I did say. Further a post that ends, 'your point being?' is looking not for debate but for an argument.

My view is that most players from league one down to the conference can be good players at this level, with the right environment and the right players around them.

Anyone who is stand out will be playing higher. I honestly believe it’s about getting the best group at our level because, let’s be honest, precious few teams play others off the park. It’s all about fine margins and winning your individual battles.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Alan G Bryant,

You're like a rat up a drainpipe when it comes to letting us all know your views. Having had the chance to sleep on it any chance you might acknowledge your error? Recognize that you have misrepresented that which I said?
Well i have read both yours and Bush's post and agree with Alan.
Do you do it deliberately just to call someone out and insult them