Re: Jordan Moore-Taylor

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Yes,Byrne left at the end of 78/79 season.
As I said the team I listed is from memory of nearly 40 years ago. I could be wrong but I am fairly sure John Relish was injured and missed the Walsall game. If anyone has a record I would be interested in the team line up.

I think you are right , it is intersting that in these days of big squads we can still name the team from the late 70s, as you could probably name the Ipswich , West Brom , Forest and Liverpool teams from the same era, but try and name Manchester City's of today, and we will undoubtedly struggle.

From recollection our subs ( one per game ) that season were Bruton , Thompson , Carey (maybe) but I am pretty sure Relish was injured, it would be interesting who played Left back ,maybe Neil Bailey.

Edit
And I am sure Bobby Ward , although I do not think I ever seen him play.

George Street-Bridge wrote:WALSALL (A) – Div 4 – 3/5/80

1. GARY PLUMLEY
2. RICHARD WALDEN
3. TOMMY TYNAN
4. GRANT DAVIES
5. KEITH OAKES
6. NEIL BAILEY
7. NIGEL VAUGHAN
8. STEVE LOWNDES
9. DAVE GWYTHER
10. JOHN ALDRIDGE
11. KEVIN MOORE

SUB
BOBBY WARD

(W 4-2 – Att-9,251 – Aldridge-2, Gwyther, Tynan)
Thanks.

Pretty pleased that I remembered eleven out of twelve. And whilst I remember Bobby Ward I would never have guessed he was substitute that day.

Now I am aware that old men of 60 tend to have better recall of events long gone than of recent ones. I accept fully Walsall was a huge game. But my point about continuity remains. Just for fun I bet that from memory very few,if any, of us could name the starting line up for Terry Butcher's first game at Cambridge and get ten of the eleven right.

Gives you all something to do whilst awaiting the fixture list. :grin:

Alan G Bryant wrote:
Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Yes,Byrne left at the end of 78/79 season.
As I said the team I listed is from memory of nearly 40 years ago. I could be wrong but I am fairly sure John Relish was injured and missed the Walsall game. If anyone has a record I would be interested in the team line up.

I think you are right , it is intersting that in these days of big squads we can still name the team from the late 70s, as you could probably name the Ipswich , West Brom , Forest and Liverpool teams from the same era, but try and name Manchester City's of today, and we will undoubtedly struggle.

From recollection our subs ( one per game ) that season were Bruton , Thompson , Carey (maybe) but I am pretty sure Relish was injured, it would be interesting who played Left back ,maybe Neil Bailey.

Edit
And I am sure Bobby Ward , although I do not think I ever seen him play.
Bobby Ward spent most of his time on the subs bench.I saw him once,home to Stockport.His other start was away to Wigan.I think he was on the photo for the Welah Cup final,sub again.