Re: Tom Owen-Evans

Last saw him play at Truro. With some decent coaching he could have had a lot more influence on that game. Easily the most skilled player on the pitch but his movement took him out of the game far too often.

Hopefully he will get the coaching in Scotland that will allow him to achieve his potential.

Good luck Tom.

George Street-Bridge wrote:I don't get why there would be a fee if it's a one-year deal. Even if it's modest, wouldn't a player be able to walk on a Bosman after the year?
Let me explain.

An undisclosed fee is paid to Newport. As he is under contract to Newport, County can enforce the contract. The contract that Falkirk offer is a matter which only concerns Falkirk and the player.

Now let us say that Falkirk regard a sum of £40,000 to have the player of that calibre in their ranks for one year as good value. If Newport demand a £5,000 transfer fee and the player is prepared to play for £35,000 then it makes no difference to Falkirk. If the player is on £30,000 at Newport, it makes perfect sense for him to move.

The figures I use are not meant to be accurate they are used to demonstrate the point.

As the economists would say, ' Ceteris parabus, it is a simple matter of supply and demand.

George Street-Bridge wrote:As I said, I'm surprised a fee was involved if he might be able to walk away after a year.
I know you are surprised there was a fee involved. That is why I painstakingly took the trouble to explain to you the economics which make such a deal viable.

I have given up hope of being able to make you any wiser, but at least if you took the trouble to read my posts, you would be better informed.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:As I said, I'm surprised a fee was involved if he might be able to walk away after a year.
I know you are surprised there was a fee involved. That is why I painstakingly took the trouble to explain to you the economics which make such a deal viable.

I have given up hope of being able to make you any wiser, but at least if you took the trouble to read my posts, you would be better informed.
lol I think we can all disregard any explanation of economics from you when you think that the county lose £250k per year on beer profits to the rugby lol

Stan A. Einstein wrote:

Yes, that's just basic numeracy. What surprises me is a club paying a fee for a promising young player at the very point in his career when you might expect it to take off with regular first-team football, but only securing their investment for a year when if I understand the rules correctly.- and I may.not - he could then walk away if he does as well as they must hope he will.

I'd be surprised if we paid a fee for a player in the same circumstances.

It will be interesting to see how their pitch holds up. Similar(ish) to ours. As well as summer concerts, the occasional women's football game and sometime under 21 Scottish football, this year there are three football teams using it as their home base. Hmmmmm.