Re: New C.O.O

Sorry fourthousand, I didn't realise that one had to be involved and contributing in order to have a view and offer expertise on where the club is going wrong.

On that logic unless you are a professional footballer you should not have an opinion here on how the lads play each week.

My interest on this topic just happens to be on the way our club is performing off pitch rather than on it.

Beechwooddragon wrote:Sorry fourthousand, I didn't realise that one had to be involved and contributing in order to have a view and offer expertise on where the club is going wrong.

On that logic unless you are a professional footballer you should not have an opinion here on how the lads play each week.

My interest on this topic just happens to be on the way our club is performing off pitch rather than on it.
I get your point and you put it over well - I don't want to sound condescending but you are just the type of person we need on the inside ( I can 'see' that from what you have laid out - BUT it doesn't help in practice - of course we need to recruit the best, with experience, with the propensity to learn and develop and to have energy and to focus strategically to deliver outcomes and to train out good practice....so...

lowandhard wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:Have we even advertised the role?
Goodness knows, I’ve lost track. What I do know is that a) without an effective CEO our affairs will drift with the tides , and b) if you pay peanuts you get monkeys .
Perhaps Peter Beardsley will apply........................

Only just caught up on this thread.

Is there any doubt that there are fans outside the boardroom who could help guide the fans inside the boardroom in how the club might develop its commercial side.

How can we enable that to happen? It's a two-way street, that's for sure.

Hopefully Beechwood and others like him will have been PMed by a board representative in an attempt to initiate a meeting to tap into his/her knowledge and experience (I am not personally a fan of the "come and talk to us on match day" line, but maybe that's just my social awkwardness).

JonD wrote:Only just caught up on this thread.

Is there any doubt that there are fans outside the boardroom who could help guide the fans inside the boardroom in how the club might develop its commercial side.

How can we enable that to happen? It's a two-way street, that's for sure.

Hopefully Beechwood and others like him will have been PMed by a board representative in an attempt to initiate a meeting to tap into his/her knowledge and experience (I am not personally a fan of the "come and talk to us on match day" line, but maybe that's just my social awkwardness).
For me that's how it can work. For a salary of £smallishk we unlikely to get an industry leader or someone locally connected in business at a high enough level to give it all up for the love of the County. If we however got someone who was bright, young ambitious and saw them as a co-ordinator able to pull/recruit on the various business skills and contacts of our fan base then we would likely get more for our £ smallish bang. It feels more like a more productive way forward than pointing the finger or hoping for a messiah. So the person we are looking for may need a set of personality traits (needs to be more open to support/ help and advice /energetic) rather than a 'best fit' matching CV.