Re: Old sainsburys?? ?

Willthiswork wrote:It may be if some of the road adjacent to it were bought too. The area could be made a one way circuit that would assist with parking. The allotments area and small play area would also need to be utilised. Any stand may have to protude over the river too.
Look at it ITS JUST NOT BIG ENOUGH no matter which way you orientate it. We’ve all done this to death time and time again. Perhaps if the pitch at Spytty was turned 90 degrees eh? :roll:

daftasfxxx wrote:The road adjacent to it is the dual carriageway, there is absolutely no way the council will give permission to move that, i think it was lowandhard who proved that the site was no way near big enough for even a smallish stadium
I think maybe Uptheport did a map projection to prove it couldn’t be done . I think I surrealistically suggested a “ Boris Island “ type idea where we had a floating pitch on the Usk, we’d kick off in Pill and after the match we’d have to get pissed in Caerleon :grin:

countymadbel wrote:In the gus today the fear group announced they want to sell up if only we could buy the land and developed it ideal location. Come on rich people of Newport write your name into our history...... Mr Mathews maybe :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:
Every few months it gets brought up and every few months they are told it’s nowhere near big enough.