Re: GRANDSTAND: Exiles v Accrington Stanley

Bush wrote:189 fans from a team that could have won the championship tonight Is pathetic. It was their most important match of the season. You should be at every game now to say you were there when they won the league.
So ..... they have an average home gate of 1,800 and they have a rearranged game agiainst Newport County , on a Tuesday night , after the original game was called off for a waterlogged pitch .

They've already been promoted , and it's been pissing it down all day in Newport .

What do you expect FFS ??? :roll:

Bush wrote:189 fans from a team that could have won the championship tonight Is pathetic. It was their most important match of the season. You should be at every game now to say you were there when they won the league.
Accrington is about one tenth the size of Newport's built up area. Even Newport not counting Cwmbran et al is five times bigger. Would we have taken between 800 and 1,600 on a Tuesday to Accrington?

On a happy note great credit tonight, I thought we'd lose by at least two.

Please review the season as a whole,I will be amazed if we finish anywhere near mid table next season,Mike needs a cash injection to aid him ultimately it means our chairman stepping aside,rose tinted glasses and all that are not going to work,a lot on
Here do not attend any games so they can not see the real picture of the dilemma were in,I pray mike can get us into a comfortable position next season but I think he's up against it without any money.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Accrington is about one tenth the size of Newport's built up area. Even Newport not counting Cwmbran et al is five times bigger. Would we have taken between 800 and 1,600 on a Tuesday to Accrington?

On a happy note great credit tonight, I thought we'd lose by at least two.

If we were top of the league & flying, unbeaten in 15, just beaten Wycombe 4-0 away from home and were able to win the league, yeah we'd easily have taken a minimum 1000
Last edited by Exile 1976 on April 25th, 2018, 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

theale wrote:Please review the season as a whole,I will be amazed if we finish anywhere near mid table next season,Mike needs a cash injection to aid him ultimately it means our chairman stepping aside,rose tinted glasses and all that are not going to work,a lot on
Here do not attend any games so they can not see the real picture of the dilemma were in,I pray mike can get us into a comfortable position next season but I think he's up against it without any money.
Ffs theale enjoy the moment,why put this on grandstand post ? Isn't it supposed to be a post about tonight's match ?