Really worried

I'm getting really worried about next season,firstly will be looking at who flynny retains for next season. And who he signs.....need at least 6 better players but also we need to improve how we play feel like we are so predictable it's a joke at times. Don't get me wrong been a lot better especially first half of season,than last 2 years but like the manager said last season moment is so important and going into next season we are on relegation form. So it's a massive summer for us so over to you Mr Flynn hope your up to the task Up the port

Re: Really worried

Exile 1976 wrote:Not worried, yet. To me its typical mid-table end of season shite football.
Can't wait to see what players Flynny brings in.
+1 except the football has been , apart from the odd exception , dreadful for pretty much most of the season...
Also his signings in the last transfer window were worrying as none improved what we already had at the club....IMO Sheehan does but he has to be on the pitch to prove it...
If he keeps Nouble , Jackson or Collins ( if he intends to sign him) and doesn't get a good experienced commanding centre half , two good midfielder players and a decent striker then we can all worry for next season as IMO he does not have the tactical nous to make what he already has any better we will really struggle.
He needs to learn , long ball to a 5ft 9 inch striker doesn't work , Willmott is never a central midfield player and he needs to stop dropping players to accommodate him in the side somewhere.
He needs back up full back/wingbacks....a decent back up keeper to challenge Day and a CAPTAIN on the pitch

Completely share this concern. As I’ve said on a separate thread, yesterday was the worst I’ve seen us under Flynn and leaves me extremely worried for next season. I have tremendous respect for the bloke and he’s earnt the right to have time to reshape the side, get rid of some of the dross and sign new players - but I’ll be watching closely to see how we start next season.

On yesterday’s showing, we will be in a relegation scrap if we don’t buck our ideas up.

If he retains Nouble, Jackson or Collins the calibre of these players are far from league 2 standard and to keep one of the three would be a waste of money and Flynn would lose the respect of us supporters and his football nous would be questioned.
Amond is the only quality striker we have.
Doubts over Dolan, Tozer and Willmott in midfield too inconsistent and do not have the mental strength when the going gets tough.
Would only keep O'Brien, Demetriou, Pipe, Butler, Labadie, Sheehan, Day because to be fair they have played more consistently well and at a League 2 level. The rest too unreliable.
Not sure about Bennett or Hayes ?

somerton moss wrote:If he retains Nouble, Jackson or Collins the calibre of these players are far from league 2 standard and to keep one of the three would be a waste of money and Flynn would lose the respect of us supporters and his football nous would be questioned.
Doubts over Dolan, Tozer and Willmott in midfield too inconsistent and do not have the mental strength when the going gets tough.
Would only keep O'Brien, Demetriou, Pipe, Butler, Labadie, Sheehan, Day because to be fair they have played more consistently well and at a League 2 level. The rest too unreliable.
I believe Dolan and Willmott are contracted for next season.

Kairdiff Exile wrote:Completely share this concern. As I’ve said on a separate thread, yesterday was the worst I’ve seen us under Flynn and leaves me extremely worried for next season. I have tremendous respect for the bloke and he’s earnt the right to have time to reshape the side, get rid of some of the dross and sign new players - but I’ll be watching closely to see how we start next season.

On yesterday’s showing, we will be in a relegation scrap if we don’t buck our ideas up.

On yesterdays showing yes, on the Swindon showing we'd be easily mid table.....as we are now.
I honestly think we're only 3/4/ players away from a top 7 team, it's up to Flynny to find them...can he ? Will he ? Only time will tell.

somerton moss wrote:If he retains Nouble, Jackson or Collins the calibre of these players are far from league 2 standard and to keep one of the three would be a waste of money and Flynn would lose the respect of us supporters and his football nous would be questioned.
With budgets being tightened I’m not sure we can afford to pay butler what he wants to stay. Especially when there needs in more important positions than left back. We certainly now can not afford to pay labadie to miss half the season although from what the manager has said it sounds like we are trying to do a deal with him.

Bush wrote:
With budgets being tightened I’m not sure we can afford to pay butler what he wants to stay. Especially when there needs in more important positions than left back. We certainly now can not afford to pay labadie to miss half the season although from what the manager has said it sounds like we are trying to do a deal with him.
According to the board meeting minutes, our playing budget isn't being tightened.

" It was explained that the budget will be at least the same next year as it was this year. It was agreed that the playing budget proposal for next season will be confirmed by the end of March."

After the loses announced last week it was said we would be tightening budgets. Also even if the budget is the same as last year and we keep butler and labadie they will both be in pay rises which makes even less money on the rest of the squad.

Bush wrote:After the loses announced last week it was said we would be tightening budgets. Also even if the budget is the same as last year and we keep butler and labadie they will both be in pay rises which makes even less money on the rest of the squad.
What they actually said was -

The club added: "The Board have also prepared strict budgets for the 2018-19 season with a view to reducing unnecessary costs and increasing revenue streams."

I would not infer from that that the playing budget will be reduced having seen the previous quote.

ComeOnCounty wrote:Would only get a pay rise if both had a yearly pay increase negotiated into the contract, otherwise they would be on the same wage as this year.
Why would butler agree to stay here on same wage? Do you think day, demitriou and o’brien Did so last year? Labadie is different due to his injury. We hold all the cards now.

Bush wrote:
ComeOnCounty wrote:Would only get a pay rise if both had a yearly pay increase negotiated into the contract, otherwise they would be on the same wage as this year.
Why would butler agree to stay here on same wage? Do you think day, demitriou and o’brien Did so last year? Labadie is different due to his injury. We hold all the cards now.

Depends whether he gets a better offer elsewhere.