Re: A Tale Of Two Elections.

Willthiswork wrote:I thought that they would all be on the board of the Trust and the Club but not as 'operational members' of the Club board of directors.

Whatever, I hope their skills and passion are fully utilised.
That is 100% correct.
Obviously all directors can be on the main board but no idea when the next time a vote is taken on who is on which board.

Harps62 wrote:
Willthiswork wrote:I thought that they would all be on the board of the Trust and the Club but not as 'operational members' of the Club board of directors.

That is 100% correct.
Obviously all directors can be on the main board but no idea when the next time a vote is taken on who is on which board.
We don't vote on who sits on the operational board I don't believe. We also don't vote for the chairman so if we do need a new one I'm not sure whether every director is up for it or as I imagine just the operational board members.

owlsabout wrote:
The Trust would like to congratulate all of the new Directors on their appointments and look forward to them joining the Board of Newport County AFC.

It doesn't matter what the rules are. That is an unambiguous statement by the incumbent board of the true situation. It is known as 'realpolitik' the politics of reality if you will. The idea that elected people should be precluded from the board of the football club whilst un-elected co-optees sit on the board is simply not going to happen. I know some of you have difficulty with this concept, why you have this difficulty is a mystery.

Bush wrote:
Harps62 wrote:

That is 100% correct.
We don't vote on who sits on the operational board I don't believe. We also don't vote for the chairman so if we do need a new one I'm not sure whether every director is up for it or as I imagine just the operational board members.
Correct Bush
Every director votes for who should be on the main and trust boards and similarly the chairmans position.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
owlsabout wrote:
The Trust would like to congratulate all of the new Directors on their appointments and look forward to them joining the Board of Newport County AFC.

It doesn't matter what the rules are. That is an unambiguous statement by the incumbent board of the true situation. It is known as 'realpolitik' the politics of reality if you will. The idea that elected people should be precluded from the board of the football club whilst un-elected co-optees sit on the board is simply not going to happen. I know some of you have difficulty with this concept, why you have this difficulty is a mystery.
It doesn't matter what the rules are? - I think you'll find quorum requirements will burst your Militant revolutionary bubble.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
jonescmj1 wrote:
faerun exile wrote: As I understand it the new directors have just been elected to the trust. Foxall, Johnson, Collier etc are on the main club board.
That is my understanding also, however that's not what is written above.
Can you imagine what is going to happen if the incumbent board of directors try to exclude the likes of Kevin Ward and Rob Sant' from the main board?

What is so special about Kevin Ward and Robert Santwris?

whoareya wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Correct Bush
Every director votes for who should be on the main and trust boards and similarly the chairmans position.
No they don't.

Trust members vote for who sits on the Trust Board - that's what the recent elections were for. Would be pointless having Trust elections otherwise.
Not so.
There are 2 boards and the total of all decide which board they are on.
We get them elected in the first place all of them.
Every board member must be elected by us in the first place then they decide whosits on which of the 2 boards.

whoareya wrote:
Harps62 wrote: Correct Bush
No they don't.

Trust members vote for who sits on the Trust Board - that's what the recent elections were for. Would be pointless having Trust elections otherwise.
We don't vote who is on the operations board.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Five new Directors of Newport Association Football Club Limited have been registered at Companies House.

Maybe the confusion is between the club Governing Board, the Club Group and The Community Group as per the governance paper issued last year and which seemed to be a contributing factor to Charlie Hopkins resignation?
That's interesting. Why do you say that?
Because it was mentioned in his resignation letter.[/quote]

But what is your view? Do you think there is confusion?[/quote]

I can only speak definitively for myself and while I'm not confused by the governance set up, it appears to me that others are. Just by reading this thread, it seems to me that it isn't clear to everybody. Added to that, Charlie is very critical of the set up even though it is what the Trust said would be put in place from the beginning.

What will be interesting to me is how the split of Directors between Club Group and Community Group looks with the new people on board and whether moves are made to change the governance paper.