Re: Players needed

Harps62 wrote:
Tony Soprano wrote:£80k on Waddle wasn't it?
Stav

Spot on.
Awful signing.
Was sent packing but not for football reasons either.
£80K totally down the drain.
How much is that at todays rate
Start of the end for the Old County
£322,400.

Often forgotten but in the early 1980's Newport County made the decision to use available monies to improve the team rather than build the infrastructure around the club. As Len Ashurst said in the Sheffield United programme in January 1981 a new stand won't win you any points on the pitch.

In retrospect I have a view on that decision which has guided my thoughts/obsession as to how I would like to see our club progress.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:Often forgotten but in the early 1980's Newport County made the decision to use available monies to improve the team rather than build the infrastructure around the club. As Len Ashurst said in the Sheffield United programme in January 1981 a new stand won't win you any points on the pitch.

In retrospect I have a view on that decision which has guided my thoughts/obsession as to how I would like to see our club progress.
And his extravagance cost him his job.His initial signings, Tynan, Moore and Gwyther made sense, but Waddle and Johnson?

Bush wrote:From the main squad of players being used by flynny i would keep all of those on 2 year contracts;

Day
O'Brien
Mickey D
Dolan
Willmot
Sheehan
Armond
Nouble

I'd offer butler and labadie long term contracts not convinced labadie will stay.

I'd offer one year deals to bittner, pipe, Bennett, tozer and potentially Hayes if he can make an impact with the rest of the season.

I would try and get maclausky back but I feel there's zero chance of white.

I would loan TOE and Reynolds out and release everyone else.

Then if everyone accepts their contracts and maclausky comes back on loan I would be in the market for 5 first team starters and a couple of loans.

In my eyes that would make us potentially better than this season and wouldn't be a massive overall that can upset the squad.
Dolan is on one year and thankfully so is Frank.

Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:Did we make any similar purchases? Or is armond at 40k the next time we spend anywhere near that?

It was confirmed that Amond was nowhere near that price wasn't it.?
Hartlepool press said 40k. County press said 10k. I would think it's safe to say it was probably somewhere in the middle. With a meeting with the trust coming up and I guess the accounts coming out then we should have a better idea.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Bush wrote:From the main squad of players being used by flynny i would keep all of those on 2 year contracts;

Day
O'Brien
Mickey D
Dolan
Willmot
Sheehan
Armond
Nouble

I'd offer butler and labadie long term contracts not convinced labadie will stay.

I'd offer one year deals to bittner, pipe, Bennett, tozer and potentially Hayes if he can make an impact with the rest of the season.

I would try and get maclausky back but I feel there's zero chance of white.

I would loan TOE and Reynolds out and release everyone else.

Then if everyone accepts their contracts and maclausky comes back on loan I would be in the market for 5 first team starters and a couple of loans.

In my eyes that would make us potentially better than this season and wouldn't be a massive overall that can upset the squad.
Dolan is on one year and thankfully so is Frank.
Dolan 2yr.