Re: Players needed

Bush wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:
Bush wrote:Did we make any similar purchases? Or is armond at 40k the next time we spend anywhere near that?

It was confirmed that Amond was nowhere near that price wasn't it.?
Hartlepool press said 40k. County press said 10k. I would think it's safe to say it was probably somewhere in the middle. With a meeting with the trust coming up and I guess the accounts coming out then we should have a better idea.
When the accounts next come out, they will be for the period to June so before the Amond transfer.

countymadbel wrote:Flynny is already thinking like most managers hence Ireland. So what players would you release and what players would you like to bring in? Just a bit of fun
On Saturday night I watched Sligo Rovers v Limerick. If Michael Flynn does come back over he might wish to have a look at the Limerick goalkeeper. A certain Brendan Clarke who gave a wonderfully competent display.

Stan A. Einstein wrote:
countymadbel wrote:Flynny is already thinking like most managers hence Ireland. So what players would you release and what players would you like to bring in? Just a bit of fun
On Saturday night I watched Sligo Rovers v Limerick. If Michael Flynn does come back over he might wish to have a look at the Limerick goalkeeper. A certain Brendan Clarke who gave a wonderfully competent display.

I was hoping he was going to bring in Ollie Davies from Merthyr. Always looks composed and commanding when I've seen him (albeit at a lower level), plus he's young.

Pace Pace and more Pace, that's what we need. One a striker and one a winger, preferably who actually shoots! way too little shots at goal in our side. I would be ecstatic if we managed to get Byrne back. Dolan the biggest under-achiever in the side for me, as in, not good enough to fulfil the reason he is in the side, as in keep it ticking and play the through ball. But be interesting to see what Flynny does in the Summer for sure.

The NCFC Hippy wrote:Pace Pace and more Pace, that's what we need. One a striker and one a winger, preferably who actually shoots! way too little shots at goal in our side. I would be ecstatic if we managed to get Byrne back. Dolan the biggest under-achiever in the side for me, as in, not good enough to fulfil the reason he is in the side, as in keep it ticking and play the through ball. But be interesting to see what Flynny does in the Summer for sure.
Pace, Pace and more Pace??

We've had plenty of speed merchants in the past, who ran around like headless chickens and produced very little.

My preference would be would be a "mid-field general"who could control things and provide scoring opportunities for the forwards.

I was hoping Matt Dolan would have filled this role, but something seems to have gone badly wrong there.

Harps62 wrote:
Exile 1976 wrote:Frustrating as on his day Dolan looks a class act......unfortunately he hasn't had many of those days for us
Looks seriously overweight and unfit
Dolan is the best free kick/corner taker at the club as others have said though his link up play in the middle of the park is not as good as I was hoping for when he was signed and Flynn said he was one of the main targets in the summer recruitment.

After the Pipe news from Argus on Twitter:

Michael Flynn reveals that David Pipe has triggered a new contract to stay @NewportCounty next season

We now have 10 players contracted for next season:

GK
Day

DF
Pipe
O'Brien
Demetriou

MD
Dolan
Owen-Evans
Sheehan

FW
Willmott
Reynolds
Amond

With the club presumably wanting to offer contracts to Butler, Labadie and a few others, I'd say that's not a terrible place to start from in February.

jamiedharris wrote:After the Pipe news from Argus on Twitter:

Michael Flynn reveals that David Pipe has triggered a new contract to stay @NewportCounty next season

We now have 10 players contracted for next season:

GK
Day

DF
Pipe
O'Brien
Demetriou

MD
Dolan
Owen-Evans
Sheehan

FW
Willmott
Reynolds
Amond

With the club presumably wanting to offer contracts to Butler, Labadie and a few others, I'd say that's not a terrible place to start from in February.

So we are already lumbered with three not upto League 2 standard.....GREAT :roll: