Re: FA CUP MONEY

George Street-Bridge wrote:Writing the visiting player profiles for the programme, the magic figure for fitting into the available space while keeping the print big enough to be legible is 26. Most clubs have that many what you might call established first-teamers. What would our figure be?
Nowhere near that

Amberexile wrote:It looks like Flynn has screwed up over Collins, he reckoned he could save his career but it seems not. Wrt the FA Cup money Flynn has said he hasn't had the budget increased
I would be more inclined to say Collins has screwed up.

Ugo. wrote:
George Street-Bridge wrote:Writing the visiting player profiles for the programme, the magic figure for fitting into the available space while keeping the print big enough to be legible is 26. Most clubs have that many what you might call established first-teamers. What would our figure be?
Nowhere near that

Was 25 until Rigg left.

Plus those out on loan so not available.

Ugo. wrote:
Nowhere near that
Two players for every position is good enough for Mourinho. Supposedly. Even Prem squads are only 25 players plus all the U21s you want.

SJG99 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Nowhere near that
Two players for every position is good enough for Mourinho. Supposedly. Even Prem squads are only 25 players plus all the U21s you want.
Exactly my point to the argument of wasting FA cup money

Harps62 wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
Nowhere near that

Was 25 until Rigg left.

Plus those out on loan so not available.
Loan thing applies to pretty much all clubs.

So we have the 18 on duty today plus which six with a decent amount of first-team football on their CVs with us or elsewhere?

Bennett
Osadebe
Jazzi
TOE
Collins (stretching it a bit)

Struggling now.

Ugo. wrote:
Amberexile wrote:It looks like Flynn has screwed up over Collins, he reckoned he could save his career but it seems not. Wrt the FA Cup money Flynn has said he hasn't had the budget increased
I would be more inclined to say Collins has screwed up.
Collins had already screwed up before coming to us.

I don't have a real issue with the signings. Flynny tends to play the same players each game. In general up to jan if fit day, pipe, butler, O'Brien, white, Mickey D, tozer, labadie, Dolan, armond, nouble have been used. Add to that willmott, Bennett and maclausky have also been used. That's a core side of 14 players that he has used and we have been successful.

What you don't want to do in jan is bring in too many players to unbalance the team. My feeling was we needed a right back, attacking midfielder and a striker. I believe we invested in Hayes (already signed), Sheehan and a highly rated right back from a prem club. To me on paper that looks exactly what we needed to do. We then added a CM who in my view if we had enough money left that was the position I would go for. Obviously the money wasn't there for a huge player but they brought in someone hats new before. A gamble which we had nothing to lose from. Same as collins. Someone well known to the club who could potentially fill the Reynolds void.

On paper it was a window that seemed to fill the gaps we needed. In reality we have 3 potential first team players who are unfit or not favoured yet me personally I can't judge on all 3 because I don't think they have been given a chance.

Amberexile wrote:Can't help thinking the best fit to fill the Reynolds void was Reynolds
Totally wasted at Orient getting little game time
Will put him back not forwards.
Bad deal in hindsight for him and the club.
Fastest fella on our books also

Harps62 wrote:
Amberexile wrote:Can't help thinking the best fit to fill the Reynolds void was Reynolds
Totally wasted at Orient getting little game time
Will put him back not forwards.
Bad deal in hindsight for him and the club.
Fastest fella on our books also
I said it was a bad move the day he went. Was never gonna get game time there. it's just a move that suited his agent again. The lad has made two moves this season both to managers with the same agents.