Re: Do we use the FA Cup money

Percy plunkett wrote:We went along with Les just pumping money into the players budget.When he left,we realised that was wrong and money should have gone on the infrastructure.I hope we don't make the same mistake again.A small sum in the player fund but let's get this training ground that MF wants and plan ahead for a stronger foothold at RP or look at developing Spytty.
Tbf we probably could have told them that at the time, but fans like to ignore the realities if the team is doing well - whilst I'm big on infrastructure investment now, I'd have been completely on board with "get up first, plan later" in 2012. The Conference is tough to get out of and not all that easy to slip back into (as we proved last season by only playing for a third of the season and getting away with it).

As long as we're not Portsmouth-style debt-building I'm ok with it, but ideally I want us to build a legacy and facilities-base.

Re: FA Cup run worth £900k

Was just talking about this.

Think Flynny has already mentioned a bigger budget for next year, which must surely have been agreed, due to him signing new contract?

If we can finish somewhere around midway on top of our fantastic cup run, that imo would be an unbelievable turn around, puts us in a great position to kick on next next year.

Rome wasn’t built in a day!!

Percy plunkett wrote:Put the money into perspective.At a tenner the gate receipts at Spurs was £390k.Don't know their normal admission charges but a big crowd against Arsenal today I would guess at £3m.Different world to us.
Less than £390k as there were family tickets and concessions too.

SJG99 wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:Put the money into perspective.At a tenner the gate receipts at Spurs was £390k.Don't know their normal admission charges but a big crowd against Arsenal today I would guess at £3m.Different world to us.
My point was,we are thrilled to make £900k in a Cup run,they generate 3 or 4 times that in one home game.

Percy plunkett wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
My point was,we are thrilled to make £900k in a Cup run,they generate 3 or 4 times that in one home game.
And look how much they spend on wages.

Options.

When the final calculations are made, give or take we will have when Cup receipts and transfer fees received, a little over £1,000,000 more than would have been expected.

For me there are three options as to how that money can be spent.

Firstly, as Mike Flynn believes, on improving the training facilities. Secondly, as I believe, we should approach the Dragons and Newport City Council and see if both football traditions in Newport can work towards building a shared future at Rodney Parade. Finally there is the Cambridge United option of trying to buy promotion.

All three are legitimate options. I would, as ever, be interested in what others think and why.