TOUTS

Well,I'll start the debate..

Assuming there will be some pond life trying to make a few quid....What are your views ,comments?
Get a few intrepid reporters from the press to take a snap and post a rogues gallery on the front page?
Super glue their grubby mitts together?
In my opinion people buying off touts are no better than the touts themselves.

Discuss rationally. :roll:

Re: TOUTS

mad norm wrote: In my opinion people buying off touts are no better than the touts themselves.

Are you telling me that if all other options were off the table and you were desperate you wouldn't buy from a tout?

What if it was a true supporter trying to obtain a ticket?

They have to make a living. No different to your High Street Shops at the end of the day (Travel Agents and Ticket outlets and a number of other businesses). If not happy with Ticket Touts you could always go directly to the venue to buy your Ticket.

We’re all civilised snowflakes these days, when I was a kid they might have ended up scraping Usk mud off their boots. I would never commit such an act of violence nor advocate it but I wouldn’t want to breathe the same air as the scum either, parasites.

lowandhard wrote:We’re all civilised snowflakes these days, when I was a kid they might have ended up scraping Usk mud off their boots. I would never commit such an act of violence nor advocate it but I wouldn’t want to breathe the same air as the scum either, parasites.
Agree.

The idea that they are only making a living is true of people dealing class A drugs. Take advantage of people who just want to be at an event. Scumbags.

Mr Gallipoli wrote:
mad norm wrote: In my opinion people buying off touts are no better than the touts themselves.

Are you telling me that if all other options were off the table and you were desperate you wouldn't buy from a tout?

As I said.....no better than a tout

Not that bothered. If people are willing to pay more than face value to watch the county that's up to them. Personally I would advise anyone who doesn't have a ticket to wait to kick off then pick up a cheap ticket from a tout who has tickets left.

mad norm wrote:
Mr Gallipoli wrote:

As I said.....no better than a tout
Where's the rationale behind that?

Touts I have no time for, but are you telling me if Newport were in a huge game and you couldn't get a ticket aside from off a tout you would rather not go to the game?

Personally I find that bizarre, but each to their own.

I think on this occasion we really need to avoid buying from them, so that they lose as much money as possible, and get deterred from trying it at the County again.
There are some perfectly OK websites for fan-to-fan ticket exchange (and some bad ones mind) like the one we use at QPR, TWICKETS...
I just saw an adult, Gold category seat at Loftus Rd on 3rd February, against Barnsley for £24...... I'd probably pay that all day!

Don't particularly like people who make a living out of getting access and reselling tickets at a higher than official price to other people. We see it at all types of events, sporting and musical. You could just about say at a push that they are providing a service to desperate fans who would otherwise miss out. Doesn't make it right though.

In my opinion they are morally slightly higher in the pecking order than agents. They are the real problem. Spoilers and users of our game one and all. They put nothing in at all but take, take, take. I would love to see better and stricter regulation over those parasites. Ok, rant over.

pembsexile wrote:Don't particularly like people who make a living out of getting access and reselling tickets at a higher than official price to other people. We see it at all types of events, sporting and musical. You could just about say at a push that they are providing a service to desperate fans who would otherwise miss out. Doesn't make it right though.

In my opinion they are morally slightly higher in the pecking order than agents. They are the real problem. Spoilers and users of our game one and all. They put nothing in at all but take, take, take. I would love to see better and stricter regulation over those parasites. Ok, rant over.
If it's indeed true, then we need to close whatever loophole it was that enabled anyone to get their hands on 30 tickets in one go. There's no reason for anyone to be entitled / allowed to buy so many, no matter who they are.

Bush wrote:Not that bothered. If people are willing to pay more than face value to watch the county that's up to them. Personally I would advise anyone who doesn't have a ticket to wait to kick off then pick up a cheap ticket from a tout who has tickets left.
Yes,I bought a ticket from the same tout everyday for the Ashes in Cardiff below face price.You just play them at their own game.

Percy plunkett wrote:
Bush wrote:Not that bothered. If people are willing to pay more than face value to watch the county that's up to them. Personally I would advise anyone who doesn't have a ticket to wait to kick off then pick up a cheap ticket from a tout who has tickets left.
Yes,I bought a ticket from the same tout everyday for the Ashes in Cardiff below face price.You just play them at their own game.
Wales v Italy when we won me and my mates got tickets for £5 5mins before kick off! Tout was desperate.

Bush wrote:
Percy plunkett wrote:
Wales v Italy when we won me and my mates got tickets for £5 5mins before kick off! Tout was desperate.
Me and my mates paid £5 for 5 tickets in a row for the 1993 FA Cup Final Replay, mostly due to Sheffield Wednesday fans not being able to afford three trips to London in two months... on the flipside, I paid £80 for a ticket in the Romanian section for that World Cup qualifier in 1993 too, when that was about 5 times face value. Got back to my student room to find the score carved into my door. :evil:

Come to think of it, I paid about £300 for a pair of tickets to see Sweden v Ireland at Euro 2016 too via viagogo. A nice French lady sent a letter with it saying she'd help us get in if ID was a problem...