Hopes for next week

1) Beat Morecambe with something to spare.

2) Score a relevant goal against Spurs, even if we go on to lose heavily. It would be great to go 1-0 up or equalise, or even pull a goal back to make it 1-2 on 65 minutes, under the lights, in the rain.

Re: Hopes for next week

We all know Spurs have a very strong squad and are desperate for a trophy this season, although I don't expect them to send the complete 1st team down here, but they send a second string down here at their peril, the pitch is now showing signs of wear and tear we will have played on it twice in the previous week and are used to it, Spurs are used to playing on that carpet at Wembley so by the time they get used to RP we may have caused an upset. ( NEVER SAY NEVER ).

Their best team wasn’t that impressive at Southampton today. Outside top 4 , will they bring Kane and Alli , I wonder? Let them worry about us , they won’t like it up ‘em. What I’m worried about is the gamesmanship , there’s some right tarts in the Premiershit and they’re better actors than Olivier and Gielgud.

:cheers: Posh-looking Crawley, you’re just a posh-looking Crawley :cheers:

lowandhard wrote:Their best team wasn’t that impressive at Southampton today. Outside top 4 , will they bring Kane and Alli , I wonder? Let them worry about us , they won’t like it up ‘em. What I’m worried about is the gamesmanship , there’s some right tarts in the Premiershit and they’re better actors than Olivier and Gielgud.

:cheers: Posh-looking Crawley, you’re just a posh-looking Crawley :cheers:
Commentator said today, "Well one thing I've learned today is that heavy pitches don't suit Harry Kane". :)
Ground-staff take note please :grin:

They got United, Liverpool, arsenal and juventus in two weeks starting the Wednesday after they play us, can't see them sending many 1st team players down, which I think gives us a chance pushing then for a result. Don't think we can beat them but if we play like we did against Leeds a draw is possible.

The pressure is obviously on Spurs next week and that, coupled with the fact that there is no way they'll play their big stars and risk injury with Manchester United, Arsenal and Juventus their next fixtures, make it upset territory for me.

Throw in an evening kick off under the lights with a partizan atmosphere and I'll most definitely be sticking 20 quid on us to beat them.

Had a feeling in my bones about Leeds and I also do for Spurs.

Stuff Morecambe on Tuesday and confidence will be sky high.

We were poor today. Eriksen was a big miss (illness) although Alderweireld could be back (whether he will be risked is another matter).

No idea what team we will put out.

Something like

Vorm

Kyle Walker-Peters * Alderwiereld * Foyth * Davies

Sissoko * Wanyama * Dier * Lamela

Son * Llorente

Subs.

Gazzaniga * Sanchez * Vertongen * Dembele & 3 kids.

TBWAH wrote:We were poor today. Eriksen was a big miss (illness) although Alderweireld could be back (whether he will be risked is another matter).

Something like

Vorm

Son * Llorente

Subs.

You may well be right, I think it’ll be a strong spine with a sprinkling of youngsters plus a decentish bench just in case a f”ck up occurs, still think you’ll have too much for us but hoping we give you a scare or two.

lowandhard wrote:
You may well be right, I think it’ll be a strong spine with a sprinkling of youngsters plus a decentish bench just in case a f”ck up occurs, still think you’ll have too much for us but hoping we give you a scare or two.
If we play like today you just might.

We could have Tashan Oakley-Booth and Keziah Sterling on the bench. Who knows.

TBWAH wrote:We were poor today. Eriksen was a big miss (illness) although Alderweireld could be back (whether he will be risked is another matter).

Something like

Vorm

Son * Llorente

Subs.

It'll be something like that, I should think they'll stick with Pochettino's preferred 4-2-3-1 though.