Interesting Tweet from David Buttress

As long as I’m Chairman, we’ll make it work because that’s our job. :wink: It’ll be all our sporting clubs home for as long as they want it to be. That also happens to be the right thing for the city and area. We have the best groundstaff IMO.

In reply to Robin Davey

1)Vastly improved tho RP pitch is it's showing wear, Spurs won't appreciate it Sat. 3 teams still on it, can't/won't continue indefinitely

Re: Interesting Tweet from David Buttress

Amberexile wrote:As long as I’m Chairman, we’ll make it work because that’s our job. :wink: It’ll be all our sporting clubs home for as long as they want it to be. That also happens to be the right thing for the city and area. We have the best groundstaff IMO.

In reply to Robin Davey

1)Vastly improved tho RP pitch is it's showing wear, Spurs won't appreciate it Sat. 3 teams still on it, can't/won't continue indefinitely

Can’t abide that Prick Robin Davey. I bet he’s sulking as he’s now not important enough to get a free ticket. He’s a right chisler.

Excellent. In all the recent euphoria regarding where we are right now, what isn't going to go away is questions about our long term future.

I hope someone at the club has the nous and good sense to approach someone from the WRU right now. Saying something along the lines of......see what can happen with the County when things are good.

I do think that whilst there are still concerns about 3 teams using 1 pitch, our best long term solution seems to be a ground sharing/owning scenario with the WRU. Don't know where the money would come from but surely discussions could commence. Get the Council on board, get everyone on board, milk the situation for all its worth while we can.

pembsexile wrote:Excellent. In all the recent euphoria regarding where we are right now, what isn't going to go away is questions about our long term future.

I hope someone at the club has the nous and good sense to approach someone from the WRU right now. Saying something along the lines of......see what can happen with the County when things are good.

I do think that whilst there are still concerns about 3 teams using 1 pitch, our best long term solution seems to be a ground sharing/owning scenario with the WRU. Don't know where the money would come from but surely discussions could commence. Get the Council on board, get everyone on board, milk the situation for all its worth while we can.

Great post. David B from what i’m hearing is a good guy. We’ve just got to make sure we get it right with them.

desperate dan wrote:
pembsexile wrote:Excellent. In all the recent euphoria regarding where we are right now, what isn't going to go away is questions about our long term future.

Great post. David B from what i’m hearing is a good guy. We’ve just got to make sure we get it right with them.
Is HE the guy who says yea or nay though?....If so, shouldn't we try to get him on the panel at our next open meeting as "special guest" or whatever?

desperate dan wrote:

I wouldn't know either of them if they walked in to my living room right now. But if he has County's best interest at heart, I reckon he got that from his dad. :grin:

Amberexile wrote:As long as I’m Chairman, we’ll make it work because that’s our job. :wink: It’ll be all our sporting clubs home for as long as they want it to be. That also happens to be the right thing for the city and area. We have the best groundstaff IMO.

In reply to Robin Davey

I'm a bit thick, it would had been better if you had put the Robin Davey bit first then i wouldn't have had to read it ten times

I remember years ago Robin Davey writing in the Argus that we should forget about County and all get behind Cardiff City. I don't hate Cardiff or Cardiff fans. However the fact remains that I am a Newportonian and as such will support only a Newport team. Felt then that Davey didn't really get it. Perhaps he should have gone and worked for The Echo.

As for the future. I hope that the new comers on the board of directors have the good sense to approach the Dragons to sit down with the City Council and ensure that all the sporting teams in Newport have an equal say and share in Rodney Parade. It seems to me that the Dragons are making it clear that they realize that Rodney Parade can become a fit for purpose sporting venue only if the council and County are on board. I just hope that we as a club embrace this. That this nonsensical 'ego, we're bigger than you' attitude becomes a thing of the past.

Every now and again there comes the opportunity to progress. That is true for people, sporting clubs and cities. Right now there is a real chance for Newport County to achieve our potential. If we regard Newport as our town and Dragons as our friends and neighbours. In truth in my 60 years whenever such an opportunity has arisen Newport County have found a way to f@ck it up. I hope that this time we take the opportunity.

Go Newport !!!!!!!

UPTHEPORT wrote:We need to sort the long term lease asap if its a no we have five years to sort out a new ground
At the risk of repeating myself, I would like to know, is this Buttress fella the one we need to be courting? Is he the one who makes the decision whether County stay or go?.... I don't really understand who has the juice, and therefore who has say over our future. If it is indeed Mr.Buttress, then we need to invite him onto the panel at our next open evening. Maybe address the County fans, take some questions, get to know him, let him feel our passion. Couple of rounds of applause, get him on side a bit....... IF he's indeed the one who does the deciding

newgroundrodney wrote:
desperate dan wrote:

Is HE the guy who says yea or nay though?....If so, shouldn't we try to get him on the panel at our next open meeting as "special guest" or whatever?
No he's not.He's doing the WRUs bidding.

G Guest wrote:I hope that Buttress will be a guest of the cub at the Spurs match.
That is exactly the right approach

Based on what he said at the Dragons supporters meeting last week I believe he will be open to proposals from partners to maximise the use of the asset and help make Rodney Parade the go to location for sport and leisure in Newport