Creepy

Anybody else notice the "f off plastics" chants going on ?? Slightly embarrassed by the chants, not 100% sure who was singing it but surely we should encourage people to come back and not abuse them ? Hopefully £10 tickets for morecombe will entice people back over before the big one.

Re: Creepy

Newportexile2017 wrote:Anybody else notice the "f off plastics" chants going on ?? Slightly embarrassed by the chants, not 100% sure who was singing it but surely we should encourage people to come back and not abuse them ? Hopefully £10 tickets for morecombe will entice people back over before the big one.
Of course, the increased potential customer base were only there because of the rule that gives priority for tickets to see a top class club.
Chants such as you mention will do nothing to entice that potential back in.....it's shameful if true.
I've always said it for as long as I can remember, but we definitely have some fans who are determined to keep Newport County a small club.
I'm sure it was just ill-thought impulse.

Newportexile2017 wrote:I remember the days of 500 over spyty, just don't understand what people want, if we go up do these fans not expect more people to want to come and watch.
I did some research some while ago, that suggested that capacity permitting, a Club's attendance on average would double for each level it climbs.
Indeed, County seem to bear that out, in a s much as we had an average of 777 in the old Dr,Marten's Premier (level 6 at the time)... and now 2 levels higher we're on 3300-ish.... so broadly speaking: 777 x 2 x 2 = 3103, which is about where we're now at.

That being the case, League One would give us 6200, and the Championship 12,400 (probably our potential peak)....and Premier League (if a suitable stadium available) would give us 25,000.
Most of this increase achieved by being in a higher level, which would attract more fans.
In the meanwhile, we need to do all we can to attract people, not discourage them.

Newportexile2017 wrote:Anybody else notice the "f off plastics" chants going on ?? Slightly embarrassed by the chants, not 100% sure who was singing it but surely we should encourage people to come back and not abuse them ? Hopefully £10 tickets for morecombe will entice people back over before the big one.
It was probably the same people who come on here and grizzle that our attendances are low

Re: The Rodney Parade Experience - Crawley Town

papajohn wrote:
Ball™ wrote:A great result yesterday for the exiles under the Friday lights!

Check out our latest matchday video "The Rodney Parade Experience" Don't forget to like and share the video to help spread the word!

Link -
I hope you don't mind me asking "Mr Ball" but as a newbie to this forum, who are you? Why are you posting?
Check out his link and it will explain who he is (its a good video), why are you asking why he is posting, surely we all do that !

papajohn wrote:

Check out our latest matchday video "The Rodney Parade Experience" Don't forget to like and share the video to help spread the word!

Link -
I hope you don't mind me asking "Mr Ball" but as a newbie to this forum, who are you? Why are you posting?
Hello, I am Christopher Ball. 19 years old. I am the page manager for The Amber Army's Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, shops and more. (Chris Silverthorne still controls the page but I am just the "other" person who does it!)

I'm not new to this forum in terms of discovery as I have just browsed the forum without an account since the start of my support back in 2013. The video I linked was the second video that I posted in this fourm as I just want to spread it around as it is as close to do with Newport County as I would know. Its a nice way to look back on a matchday the day after or 3 months down the line. Myself and Jennifer Tomkins run this alongside an Away Day Series too (Shortlink - https://goo.gl/k3AVx5)

I'm not sure if it is a sort of video that you enjoy but its a free piece of Newport County related content, that you can view that helps us gain more revenue to put towards the club with good support. I hope this clears up all the questions you have on myself!

penycwm county wrote:
papajohn wrote:

Link -
Check out his link and it will explain who he is (its a good video), why are you asking why he is posting, surely we all do that !
Good on yer buddy!
Exiles like me on limited funds applaud the chance to have a look at good ol Rodders as it happens
As for the "plastic" chant probably the relatives of the guy who called me a " posh tw4t" for supporting the county at Stockport a few seasons ago.

oops! meant for ball but same applies

:bounce: