Re: Feeney

Ironically these idiots probably only started supporting the club when we started to rise. Everyone has to start somewhere, if they just come back to a handful of games it will be something. I was stood on the open part of the Hazell Terrace and didn't hear anything like this so it must not have been very many joining in which is something.

I thought it was a flat atmosphere yesterday but I suppose chants like that mentioned didn't help.

Tony Soprano wrote:These clowns have got to stop this nonsense, their money is no better than the money of someone who only comes occasionally.

Someone said to me last night that he saw a bloke scan his ticket & not even enter the ground, ok I don't understand that but that guys £18 is in the bank right now so the only winners are the football club!!

Stop all the " plastic " bullshit guys because a lot of these people might return after the Spurs game & just remember each & every 1 of us had our 1st County game at some point in our lives.
Had the same at Saints on the march back to the Prem, people waving season tickets when Saints drew Man U in the FA Cup whilst a League One side, and all sorts...

The guys who stand at the heart of the "amber army" part of the terrace do a good of getting the noise started, but there are a fair percentage of them who are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. I mean this in the kindest way possible, but if you stuck a perspex screen in between them and the dugouts, half of them would probably start licking it.

There isn't too much wit down there, so the chants tend to be very repetitive (which is fine). But trying to "banter" with people on the bench tends to just be outright abuse. I'm sure something pretty funny could be put together for most clubs, but it just tends to be braindead insults most the time.

There was one particular point in the second half when one woman in the crowd shouted “Harry Kewell you f*****g p***k”.... to which he turned around, stared at her for a bit and shook his head, bemused more than anything . As much as I don’t like the guy, I find this type of “banter” from the terraces cringy. Not witty at all

For the record. My "mob" were having a go at the people signing anti plastic chants. The "mob" singing those chants I didnt recognise. My Facebook post immediately after the game was a rant at this "mob". Get your facts right before pointing the finger!

Taffweigan wrote:For the record. My "mob" were having a go at the people signing anti plastic chants. The "mob" singing those chants I didnt recognise. My Facebook post immediately after the game was a rant at this "mob". Get your facts right before pointing the finger!

Ooooooooooh, easy tiger, cool your jets .. :lol: :lol:

Don't take things to heart...
Last edited by Exile 1976 on January 21st, 2018, 10:04 am, edited 2 times in total.

ref23 wrote:The guys who stand at the heart of the "amber army" part of the terrace do a good of getting the noise started, but there are a fair percentage of them who are a couple of sandwiches short of a picnic. I mean this in the kindest way possible, but if you stuck a perspex screen in between them and the dugouts, half of them would probably start licking it.

There isn't too much wit down there, so the chants tend to be very repetitive (which is fine). But trying to "banter" with people on the bench tends to just be outright abuse. I'm sure something pretty funny could be put together for most clubs, but it just tends to be braindead insults most the time.

Fair play ref, this actually did make me laugh out loud.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Taffweigan wrote:For the record. My "mob" were having a go at the people signing anti plastic chants. The "mob" singing those chants I didnt recognise. My Facebook post immediately after the game was a rant at this "mob". Get your facts right before pointing the finger!
Thought it was only your "mob that sang.
Never come across another mob in the same area that also thing.
Especially if you don't know them either.
We got 2 mobs now. :wink:

Harps62 wrote:
Thought it was only your "mob that sang.
Never come across another mob in the same area that also thing.
Especially if you don't know them either.
We got 2 mobs now. :wink:
In all fairness the plastic chant did come from “taffs mobs” area but it was a very few who sang it probably about 10+ and more than likely didn’t actually involve “taffs mob” it was very flat it was almost as if those around them were embarrassed by it.

“Taffs mob” whilst doing a decent job definitely need to increase the number of songs they have as it does become very repetitive

big baz wrote:As long as there’s no more Phil Collins or Jamaican accents singing bob Marley
Now see, I’ve watched the video of Ajax doing the bob Marley song and it’s very good, what needs to happen is for these songs to be adapted and personalised to the county or players or something, such as the chorus to the 3 little birds, “singing don’t worry Michael Flynn cos every little gonna be alright”.

Talking of bob Marley, all I could smell on Friday night was someone smoking Jamaican woodbines, and I waited very patiently but nobody passed it pon de lef han side ! I was very disappointed

Newportonian wrote:
big baz wrote:As long as there’s no more Phil Collins or Jamaican accents singing bob Marley
Now see, I’ve watched the video of Ajax doing the bob Marley song and it’s very good, what needs to happen is for these songs to be adapted and personalised to the county or players or something, such as the chorus to the 3 little birds, “singing don’t worry Michael Flynn cos every little gonna be alright”.

Talking of bob Marley, all I could smell on Friday night was someone smoking Jamaican woodbines, and I waited very patiently but nobody passed it pon de lef han side ! I was very disappointed
:grin: