Re: GRANDSTAND: CRAWLEY

UPTHEPORT wrote:
Ugo. wrote:
UPTHEPORT wrote:Great three points

Ok Day was at fault but will give him that one and in fairness pulled of a top draw save but he really needs to work on his footwork

I would have taken Frank off earlier he looked bolloxed
Trouble is the great save came about when he punched instead of caught.
True but thats what most keepers do these days
I think it stemmed from the original mistake and was too scared to try to catch.

I'm not sure it was a great save by day. Was right at him. He would have been really disappointed if that went in. All seemed from a pathetic punch that went about 10 yards.

I'm not sure why the manager went to a flat midfield 5 with nouble left, Reid right and willmott in the centre. The sole striker was isolated and we couldn't get out of our half. Much more solid when Hayes came on.

Big disappointment for me was no tribute to Cyril Regis. Don't understand why the football league are not making clubs do this.

No doubt Day was at fault for the goal, he made a right pigs ear of it but I did notice he came off his line a few times.

Unfortunately he wasn't convincing when he did so and looked pretty unsure.

His positioning is the weak part of his game in my opinion, he never knows when to come off his line or when to stay and that's basic goalkeeping.

Great shot stopper, probably the best in the league but he needs to improve other aspects of his game and stop giving me panic attacks.

Some of his kicking was dreadful last night.
One went up gathered snow and only got two thirds of the way to the half line.
Apart from the joke goal his punch was ridiculous instead of catching it.Then he pulls off
an eye catching stop.
Worst game this season for him by a mile IMO.

I think everyone who was there last night will agree with the general consensus that we were traffic first half, polar opposite second half. Nuff said. Also last night, Wilmott display was why he is such a marmite player on this message board. First half he carried on from the Exeter and Leeds games where he was pretty darn good as ostensibly a right winger. He took on players, looked hungry for ball and generally great crosses. Second half he did none of these and wasn't involved at all from what I saw. On first half he is undroppable, on second half he is unpickable. My view of course.

Nobody mentioned the Crawley mistake when the defender passed straight to Almond in the second half and with virtually an open goal he smacked it perfectly for it to hit a defender and go for a corner
Fella just got in front in the nick of time
Unbelievable as we could of had at least 5 last night

Harps62 wrote:
mike wilks wrote:Very good first half performance as previously stated, but we went from comfortable to being on the ropes after Joes' unfortunate handling error..... Pleased to get another win however! Mickey Demetriou my choice for MOM....
Wrong thread
Please add your vote to MOM
Yawn......

mike wilks wrote:
Harps62 wrote:
mike wilks wrote:Very good first half performance as previously stated, but we went from comfortable to being on the ropes after Joes' unfortunate handling error..... Pleased to get another win however! Mickey Demetriou my choice for MOM....
Wrong thread
Please add your vote to MOM
Yawn......
All you had to do was say
"Harps already voted" and I would of said thanks no probs.
But there you go.
Cheers for the comment.

Dogger wrote:
Yelwarc wrote:Come on you spurs.
You & many other plastics in Newport are the reason why I hope County not only beat Spurs but actually stuff them. If you're gonna support a PL team at least pick one that's that's won the title in the last 57 years!
My eyes have seen the glory of the cups at White Hart Lane.

Yelwarc wrote:
Dogger wrote:
Yelwarc wrote:Come on you spurs.
You & many other plastics in Newport are the reason why I hope County not only beat Spurs but actually stuff them. If you're gonna support a PL team at least pick one that's that's won the title in the last 57 years!
My eyes have seen the glory of the cups at White Hart Lane.
:sleepy2: :sleepy1:

Tony Soprano wrote:
SJG99 wrote:
SJG99 wrote:"49’ Goal Crawley. It’s 2-1. Jimmy Smith’s shot was deflected and despite Demetriou’s best efforts it was over the line. 2-1 now." sayeth the Twittermachine.

Doesn't really sound like Day's fault, not that the official live twitter is likely to be assigning any blame.
The Facebook feed now says it was Bennett trying to clear it, FWIW.
Day was 100% to blame for the goal, Mickey then tried to clear it off the line but it looked over to me & I was right in line with it.
From the highlights, Day came out too late, jumped too low to claim it as he was moving forward and not up, and the ball broke to a striker whose shot was going wide until it hit the first defender (Bennett?), with the second defender (Demetriou?) trying to clear it from off the line. So actually whilst Day made an error, if Bennett hadn't got in the way of the shot it would have gone safely wide. Not that he knew that in time to get out of the way, obviously.